Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 01:39 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,247,071 times

Advertisements

Seems that some people left more than their hearts in San Francisco

https://newswars.com/san-francisco-l...ts-in-one-week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 01:48 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,832 times
"Many of the complaints also connect the fecal matter to vagrants and homeless encampments - a sight all too common now across California."

California is a mess. Maybe San Francisco more so, but the state is screwed up too.

Old 07-05-2018, 01:49 PM

17,551 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Stupid things lead to stupid consequences

Oh yeah, the homeless are our friends and can go anywhere

San Francisco is now really crappy

Old 07-05-2018, 02:10 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,872,345 times
I can understand the issue; no one wants then to come inside to a bathroom in their place of business or at a public building location. Most people just don’t want to see them around much less relieving themselves on the streets or alleys. So where “can” the homeless go? If there isn’t a solution then the problem remains as it is. I can’t help but think that perhaps the city or cites across the country could provide toilet enclosures for those that need to use them. We've used them for many special events that are held outside.

Old 07-05-2018, 02:19 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I can understand the issue; no one wants then to come inside to a bathroom in their place of business or at a public building location. Most people just don’t want to see them around much less relieving themselves on the streets or alleys. So where “can” the homeless go? If there isn’t a solution then the problem remains as it is. I can’t help but think that perhaps the city or cites across the country could provide toilet enclosures for those that need to use them. We've used them for many special events that are held outside.
If you are referring to "Port A Potties" that would be difficult in such a situation. These have been used in a few areas for homeless people in my location in the past. Unfortunately, it turned into a place to do drugs, so the inside was covered with needles as well as urine and feces all over the floor. In addition, people often thought it was amusing to push the things over. Well, now you have a real mess and the company paid to empty the units will not clean up that mess and that is understandable. The only thing I can think of is some sort of communal bathroom that can somehow be monitored but that is probably too costly.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:23 PM

17,551 posts, read 13,329,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
How about moving the homeless out of the cities. Find a park that works and move them, tents and crap, there.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:00 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
How about moving the homeless out of the cities. Find a park that works and move them, tents and crap, there.
There are some places where tiny homes are built for the homeless. It's a solution. I don't know how well it works but I'm sure it helps temporarily in many cases. I had a friend who was homeless. There aren't enough shelters.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:13 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,162,125 times
You'll never be short a restroom when you visit the Golden State. Or is that the Brown state?

Old 07-05-2018, 04:20 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
Kind of an easy fix: City installed portapotties and garbage cans and service on every street.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:23 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,446,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post
I have come upon the best solution for homlessness and conservatives as well as progressives could not complain about it.

There is currently a shortgage of truck drivers, why not train them to be truck drivers? they don't need a place to live, because they're used to living on the street, you get a bunch of people off the street and give them jobs. Everybody wins.
Unfortunately most of them don’t want to work and they don’t have to in places like SF and L.A they have charities , missions and churches to meet their basic needs and panhandling or crime for the rest .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events