Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 06:49 AM

50,432 posts, read 64,212,276 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, I can’t get the video to play, but the story is great. Angry old ladies rock!

Polly's People: Savannah woman confronts litterbug in viral video - Entertainment & Life - Savannah Morning News - Savannah, GA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 01:45 PM

33,348 posts, read 26,570,613 times
Here's the video from YouTube. It's a shame that people choose to litter when they could just as easily hold on to their trash and dispose of it properly. Some people just have no regard for the environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3jidFbD2oQ

Old 07-23-2018, 01:51 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,062,855 times
I always want to do that to the people who throw cigarettes out their car window. The world is not your ashtray. Why can't people use the ashtray inside their car and dispose of their trash somewhere more appropriate then the road?

Old 07-23-2018, 01:55 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,961,499 times
I was driving down the road one day when this person in a truck in front of me opened their window and threw out a bag of fast food trash and the cup. Fortunately, there was a cop behind in the lane over and pulled him over.

I also can’t stand people who use shopping carts as their personal garbage cans.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,139,123 times
as Steve Martin said in his book 'Cruel Shoes'...

"...always keep a trash bag in your car, it doesn't take up much room, and if it gets full, you can always just toss it out the window."

Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM

23,438 posts, read 19,085,388 times
Years ago I was driving a rural scenic highway and noticed a van in a pull-out. Mom was getting ready to dump a full Pampers on the side of the road. One of the few times I was glad to be in USFS uniform (though off duty). Hauled up behind the van, squealed to a stop, leaped out and read this disgusting mom the riot act. She started to argue, saying there wasn't a garbage can handy, they didn't want to "share" their car with a stinky diaper, blah blah blah. I fibbed and told her she was getting a citation for illegal dumping, ranted about minimum fines, etc. I also told them where the nearest rest area was ahead and said I would follow them to make sure they got there. I noticed hubby who was driving never said a word to defend her. Little kids staring out the windows watched the whole circus too. She finally picked it up, got in the van and they drove off to find the rest area.

The sense of supreme power lasted until I got home that night; about 10 minutes, but it was worth it!

Old 07-23-2018, 04:40 PM

17,669 posts, read 15,380,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I always want to do that to the people who throw cigarettes out their car window. The world is not your ashtray. Why can't people use the ashtray inside their car and dispose of their trash somewhere more appropriate then the road?

I don't even think cars come with ashtrays anymore. Not that I'm giving an excuse to the smokers.. I agree with you.. ticks me off driving down the interstate at night and seeing the shower of sparks. Especially around here.. I'll see a couple of stories a year of a brush fire on the side of the interstate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I was driving down the road one day when this person in a truck in front of me opened their window and threw out a bag of fast food trash and the cup. Fortunately, there was a cop behind in the lane over and pulled him over.

I also can’t stand people who use shopping carts as their personal garbage cans.
Karma. I've had a situation or two where I put groceries in the back of my truck and by the time I get home, a bag is missing, with the contents rolling over the back.. And I'm not pleased when that happens.

Someone who has the balls to toss an entire bag out.. I clean my truck out about once a month. Don't keep old food in it, but 90% of my mail is there.

My only problem with the video.. Things like what the woman did will get you shot now.

Old 07-23-2018, 04:55 PM

50,432 posts, read 64,212,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Well, I don’t think cars have ashtrays anymore, but I’m less worried about a cigarette butt than other things.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:00 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,062,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Well, I don’t think cars have ashtrays anymore, but I’m less worried about a cigarette butt than other things.
That's not an excuse to litter. If your going to smoke in a car that didn't come with an ashtray, then get one. Or get something to keep in your car to dispose of your trash. There's no excuse to litter. I would never throw anything out my car window, no matter how small I thought my trash was.

Cigarettes are the main thing I see littering the roadways around here. They may be small, but when you have a bunch pilled up at stop lights, it makes everything look dirty.

Old 07-23-2018, 05:13 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,315,461 times
The main litter I see here is from the construction guys and vodka and wine bottles. I rarely see anyone smoking anymore. I probably wouldn't directly confront someone.

They don't put ashtrays in vehicles anymore. I miss that. That's where I always kept the extra change and emergency money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events