Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 04:07 PM

26,664 posts, read 26,633,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
How could they weed him out. Medical schools probably do interviews but that doesn't reveal anything. Psychopaths are very good at fooling people. They are often popular and have lots of friends.
There are plenty of personality tests with built in lie scales that are administered to even master's degree candidates. Surely somewhere during those seven plus years of medical school, residency, and licensing, SOMETHING about this man should have been apparent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 04:29 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,336,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
There are plenty of personality tests with built in lie scales that are administered to even master's degree candidates. Surely somewhere during those seven plus years of medical school, residency, and licensing, SOMETHING about this man should have been apparent.
There is plenty of evidence that reveal these personality tests have many inherent flaws. The reason they can't weed out psychopaths is because many psychopaths have very outgoing, extroverted and sociable personalities, while introversion has traditionally been defined as a "mental illness" in the recent past by the field of psychiatry. It's quite apparent that psychiatrists and personality tests cannot weed out or predict people like this crazy doctor.

Old 09-20-2018, 04:33 PM

765 posts, read 471,542 times
sheesh, just when you thought you heard it all.... (listen, i'm still in shock that all those good christian moral values folks gave us a pu**Y-snatching prez) ...... here comes another rich, entitled Ahole who believes he can get away with ANYTHING because he has so far, who will get a million dollar lawyer, help him plead out (just like our Bnotbeloved prez did when he was indicted in the 70's). I ain't worried about Al Qaeda, Isis or the trillions of devout muslims who just want to make a pilgrimage around the Kaaba, I ain't worried about China (well, what did we expect when someone wants to prove his **ck is bigger than Xi jinpings), Iran or the next plague that surely will come around the corner sometime... nope. I'm afraid of the disgusting rich who fling their power around with impunity..... and get away with it. just remember: the truth isn't the truth. yeah. that's the motto of the entitled.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:27 PM

Several more women have come forward. I think he's going to be toast just like Larry Nassar was. Maybe they can be cell mates in prison.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:29 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,779,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Several more women have come forward. I think he's going to be toast just like Larry Nassar was. Maybe they can be cell mates in prison.

No telling how many more are to come...sickening. Her too.
Hope she gets a stiff sentence as well.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:34 PM

26,586 posts, read 36,531,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And then what? "Weeding him out" of the medical profession wouldn't have stopped this behavior.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:35 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,388,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm struggling with the concept that there are "thousands" of women victims.

This neighborhood seems alert and watchful - it's hard to think you could get very many women in there who you basically have to carry in without someone noticing.

Also, although some women will choose not to report and just soldier on after an episode like that, when you start victimizing more and more women you will get lots who WILL report.

Unless an avalanche of women come forward and say they were victims but chose for whatever reason not to report, that number seems too much.
Don't let the liberal SJWs who pull the rape culture cards realize that.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:41 PM

Looks like the girlfriend was an evangelical missionary for a while:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ceriss...cal-missionary

Old 09-20-2018, 06:18 PM

26,664 posts, read 26,633,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
And then what? "Weeding him out" of the medical profession wouldn't have stopped this behavior.
You're taking my response to the other poster out of context; no one stated that removing him from the medical profession would have "stopped his behavior."

Old 09-21-2018, 01:19 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,216,829 times
My friend was date-raped by this doctor 8 years ago. It took her a while to figure out what happened to her because she couldn't move and didn't remember much beforehand, but it all hit her hard when she saw this on the news the other day. She called my wife to seek counsel. She thought she would just put it behind her and move on with her life, but she's married with two wonderful children. She's mulling over her option to stay silent, come forward publicly, or come forward anonymously. He husband is very supportive of her and never imagined anything like this happening to anyone he knew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events