Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 10:48 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times

Advertisements

For those that don't want the teacher to fight back. Check out this little gem from Baltimore.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 10:55 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
But why are you treating this was 2 peers? this is a grown adult in the role of a teacher and a child who is less than 1/2 his size. The adult at this point should have gone to get security or his supervisor or soemone else to help deal with this punk. What he did was the gangbanger approach, the last thing he should have done.
It is true that the bottom line is that a teacher can't hit a student, period. While I was horrified by this kid's words and actions, just imagine the S storm if corporal punishment were brought back to schools or even just given a pass on a "case by case" basis. Or how far the definition of self-defense would go. Immediate? Within 5 seconds of throwing an object? Or 2 minutes or 10? Based on literal threats or implied ones? And what's a literal threat? Can perceived escalating physical threat be based on past experience or no?r

Meanwhile, yes, abuse absolutely would begin happening and somebody definitely would get hurt.

The lawyers would love it but otherwise it would be an absolute nightmare.

This action does need to be legally punished.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:59 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,286 times
Everyone showing support for the teacher's actions means absolutely nothing to him, as he is going to do time, have a felony assault on his record, and possibly lose his pension. The real loser of his actions is him, meanwhile the punk's sh%t parents will probably get a bunch of free money courtesy of the taxpayers.
Now, why are you cheering his actions again?

Old 11-08-2018, 11:07 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,078,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Everyone showing support for the teacher's actions means absolutely nothing to him, as he is going to do time, have a felony assault on his record, and possibly lose his pension. The real loser of his actions is him, meanwhile the punk's sh%t parents will probably get a bunch of free money courtesy of the taxpayers.
Now, why are you cheering his actions again?
Either way that teacher would have been screwed. Allowing a kid like that to punk you in front of all your students would have been the end of his control of the classroom, etc.

The kid attacked him first with a basketball then started to verbally intimated him and the teacher defended himself. How is he going to jail for that?

His actions were justified. Society and justice is what has it all wrong. Why aren't celebrities standing with this teacher? Where is Snoop Dogg? Lebron, Drake, etc.

#istandwiththisteacher

Old 11-08-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Either way that teacher would have been screwed. Allowing a kid like that to punk you in front of all your students would have been the end of his control of the classroom, etc.

The kid attacked him first with a basketball then started to verbally intimated him and the teacher defended himself. How is he going to jail for that?

His actions were justified. Society and justice is what has it all wrong. Why aren't celebrities standing with this teacher? Where is Snoop Dogg? Lebron, Drake, etc.

#istandwiththisteacher
The teacher didn't smack the ball away or push the boy as the ball was coming at him (the teacher) or even within a few seconds of being hit by the ball. It can't really be seen as self-defense in any sort of immediate way. The teacher continuing to come after the boy who was already down also wasn't self-defense. This is on top of laws protecting students. Like it or not, yes, this does have to be punished. The reality is that if it isn't, it WILL set a precedent. And you don't want your child to be on the receiving end of that fallout one day.

I HATE what this kid did and was sickened by the hoots and jeers of the students...it literally sounded like a zoo. It was absolutely freakish. Don't get me wrong. But I can't "stand by" support of a teacher hitting a student who isn't on top of him, hurting him (the teacher). The consequences of that would be a you-know-what storm as I described above. Sad but true, this man will face consequences.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:46 AM

502 posts, read 391,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Did you see the footage of the things the kid said? Racial slurs, etc.?
What? It's just slang, he wasn't using it racially. Do y'all really not tell the difference?

Old 11-08-2018, 11:47 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,100,928 times
This is why I would never want to be a teacher, because of ---holes like this kid.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
What? It's just slang, he wasn't using it racially. Do y'all really not tell the difference?
I guess we'all really don't. Especially when it's being yelled in someone's face complete with "bring it" arm motions. Sorry. Some of us'all are really just kind of out of the loop of when the N word is being "used non-racially," for example when you're throwing objects at someone and screaming at the person. That's the non-racial friendly slang use. Right? Am I on the right track?

Pity us. We're just dumb, I suppose.

Is there maybe a flow chart for this?

Old 11-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
This is why I would never want to be a teacher, because of ---holes like this kid.
Yes. Oh God, TRUTH.

I respect teachers. A lot. I could never do it...and I've never even been among kids this amazingly, shockingly awful...even just with regular-kid snottiness...just no.

God bless you teachers out there.

Old 11-08-2018, 11:55 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River City Rocky View Post
Would this student say these things to a black man on the street? No.
This student felt he had all the control in this classroom environment where he felt he ruled the roost.

The definition of a punk is this kid. Should the teacher be punished? Yes. Not severely, but he should suffer some consequences.

Should this student be expelled? Yes.

Something tells me this student will spend the majority of his life in the "Greybar Hotel".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events