Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 11:53 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,426,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
English Dave, your comments are so off they are comical, this kid wasn't posing a threat all he was doing was pi$$ing the teacher off, and he succeeded.
As others have noted, the kid humiliated the teacher, and for me, his words and body language told me all I need to know. He was picking his moment to attack the teacher. The old guy got his response in first, and defended himself.

Like most men who have lived a life, I have experienced this kind of thing myself from childhood in school, and to life as a young man. Most of us have come across folks like this kid ourselves. We learn to recognise behaviour, words, and body language, and where it's leading.

This teacher is alone, being verbally abused, and is in front of a baying mob of kids. He has lost control of the class, and is in physical danger. What he did was a natural response. Fight or flight. The flight route was cut off by the aggressive kid. Any jury watching the video will recognise what he did was out of fear of physical attack. He may be a teacher, but he is also just a human being. He did what he felt had to be done to prevent injury to himself.

I would expect teachers all over America are watching what happens to this man. The authorities have to back teachers. They are not there to put up with this sort of thing from out of control kids. They need to be backed to the hilt, because if they don't, getting people to teach will be even harder than it is now.

This teacher needs to be supported by his Union if he belongs to one, and also by the school authorities. I hope he can find a good lawyer to defend him, and hopefully, in the end, he can be quietly retired, receiving his pension benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 09:08 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,561,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
As others have noted, the kid humiliated the teacher, and for me, his words and body language told me all I need to know. He was picking his moment to attack the teacher. The old guy got his response in first, and defended himself.

Like most men who have lived a life, I have experienced this kind of thing myself from childhood in school, and to life as a young man. Most of us have come across folks like this kid ourselves. We learn to recognise behaviour, words, and body language, and where it's leading.

This teacher is alone, being verbally abused, and is in front of a baying mob of kids. He has lost control of the class, and is in physical danger. What he did was a natural response. Fight or flight. The flight route was cut off by the aggressive kid. Any jury watching the video will recognise what he did was out of fear of physical attack. He may be a teacher, but he is also just a human being. He did what he felt had to be done to prevent injury to himself.

I would expect teachers all over America are watching what happens to this man. The authorities have to back teachers. They are not there to put up with this sort of thing from out of control kids. They need to be backed to the hilt, because if they don't, getting people to teach will be even harder than it is now.

This teacher needs to be supported by his Union if he belongs to one, and also by the school authorities. I hope he can find a good lawyer to defend him, and hopefully, in the end, he can be quietly retired, receiving his pension benefits.
I think many put teachers on a position of having all the control and thus should react accordingly. The problem is teachers have very little control and no back up. People tend to side with innocent kids over an adult. Like I said before, they are on their own with no support from parents or administration. Much of the administration have not been in a classroom and don't know what it is like but rather make judgements and decisions based on ideals.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:53 AM

579 posts, read 367,608 times
When spineless school administrators listen to lying, bullying students and their apologist parents who think their kid is perfect, while ignoring the teacher, it means the inmates run the asylum. This needs to be a wake-up call to schools that it is time to stop tolerating this antisocial behavior from students.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:14 AM

10,547 posts, read 7,743,046 times
Quote:

I would expect teachers all over America are watching what happens to this man.
I doubt it, and the ones that are already know what will happen-he will be suspended and/or fired.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso Gil View Post
When spineless school administrators listen to lying, bullying students and their apologist parents who think their kid is perfect, while ignoring the teacher, it means the inmates run the asylum. This needs to be a wake-up call to schools that it is time to stop tolerating this antisocial behavior from students.
I agree. Before ways of filming these incidents was possible, it was hard for outsiders to know just how difficult a teacher's job is. All we tended to hear was how wonderful little Jimmy is from his parents. No way would their Jimmy be a problem student.

Well now we know. There can be no more excuses for not supporting teachers against scum like this boy in the incident we're discussing. That is why I have said this video is a good thing. Without it, the teacher would have no proof of what he went through before attacking this kid.

Standards have been slipping for a long time. We have gone from well disciplined students, mainly behaving themselves in class, to this zoo we saw in the video. This teacher needs to be supported by all the authorities at this school, and changes made to ensure students like the boy in the video are expelled, and the rest learning this sort of thing will not be tolerated anymore. Proper discipline needs to be reinstated, if only for the sake of the children who actually want to be educated. For those that don't, sling them out on their ear. Teachers need to be more than underpaid baby sitters.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,990,199 times
Also, folks, it's not like a little person can't be powerful. Ever tried to wrestle a toddler out of a tantrum? Ever gotten butted in the head, teeth or groin by one? Or course this pipsqueak badazz wannabe could have done damage to that 60something-year-old teacher.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Also, folks, it's not like a little person can't be powerful. Ever tried to wrestle a toddler out of a tantrum? Ever gotten butted in the head, teeth or groin by one? Or course this pipsqueak badazz wannabe could have done damage to that 60something-year-old teacher.
I didn't see anybody in that class going to help that 64 year old teacher. They were too busy whipping their phones out to record it, and enjoy the show.

A young, physically strong teacher, could have got a grip on the situation real fast. Just grab this little thug by the scruff of the neck, and throw him out of the class.

For all the action, little damage sadly was done to the boy. Just his pride was hurt. He carried on barking even when he was held at the exit door. If things had gone the other way, and the teacher was badly hurt, who would have spoken up for him? He would just have been considered an old teacher, ready to be put out to grass.

Well, he showed he still has balls, and wasn't going to let this little scumbag humiliate him anymore. He did what he had to do. He will not do jail time for this, no matter how many do gooders here think so. Too much publicity, and too much footage of what he went through.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:53 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,561,064 times
I don't know if this teacher was a good teacher and if students liked him overall. A loss of an experienced teacher only hurts the students. So this little thug hurts everyone in his class.
I know he can be replaced with a newer younger teacher, but you can only have so many new teachers before education suffers.

As far as people saying the little cretin was not a threat, I think you vastly underestimate him. I always take an aggressor seriously as if he is out to kill me. For all we know he could have had a knife.

Also size can be deceiving. I knew a guy who was about 5 feet tall and weighed 125. He didn't look muscular or intimidating at all, just very average. He could bench 275 lbs which is stronger than 90 percent of males no matter how big they are. Anyone who got in a fight and underestimated him because you thought he was too little like some people here would find they might be in a very bad situation. Also he was a wrestler and was very quick.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:19 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,833,849 times
Quote:
I didn't see anybody in that class going to help that 64 year old teacher. They were too busy whipping their phones out to record it, and enjoy the show.

A young, physically strong teacher, could have got a grip on the situation real fast. Just grab this little thug by the scruff of the neck, and throw him out of the class.

For all the action, little damage sadly was done to the boy. Just his pride was hurt. He carried on barking even when he was held at the exit door. If things had gone the other way, and the teacher was badly hurt, who would have spoken up for him? He would just have been considered an old teacher, ready to be put out to grass.

Well, he showed he still has balls, and wasn't going to let this little scumbag humiliate him anymore. He did what he had to do. He will not do jail time for this, no matter how many do gooders here think so. Too much publicity, and too much footage of what he went through.
You continue to explain things as if a physical confrontation was inevitable and strength of body rather than demeanor and character needed to rule.. It was not. A good, professional teacher, not simply an old one sets the atmosphere for his classroom, regardless of who is there. I guarantee there are teachers in that same school who deal with the same students on a daily basis without even the thought of such an incident. This was an abject failure on the part of the teacher. He compounded that by allowing his frustrations to control his actions.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
You continue to explain things as if a physical confrontation was inevitable. It was not. A good, professional teacher, not simply an old one sets the atmosphere for his classroom, regardless of who is there. This was an abject failure on the part of the teacher. He compounded that by allowing his frustrations to control his actions.
OK kokonutty....... The teacher apparently, has told the student he isn't dressed properly for the class. The student then sets about verbally abusing, and humiliating the teacher. The teacher moves away, using his phone. I am assuming he has phoned for help, which doesn't come.

The student aggressively continues the verbal assault, also blocking the exit for the teacher. The teacher continues speaking quietly, and stands still in front of the baying class. The atmosphere in his classroom is menacing. He senses an attack is coming.

You seem to think it's all his own fault, and he had better stand there, take the verbal humiliation, until sonny boy decides the time is right to ratchet up the action for his watching fans. Well, the teacher decided that wasn't how it was going to unfold.

You think he is going to be fired, and sent to jail? Like I just said, too much publicity, and too much video. The authorities will search for a way to dampen this down. The little scumbag's parents, if he has them, sadly, have the video showing just what a little piece of pond scum they have brought up. It would have been better for them to have no video. The teacher walks with his pension intact. Just wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events