Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 05:24 AM

16,165 posts, read 10,303,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
I did not come in here saying she is overreacting.
I responded to a post that mentioned a history of people committing suicide over such things. That post is even quoted in my post. No, I may not as well have said "it's no big deal." It's a HUGE deal, and I said as much in proceeding posts.
We read all of your follow up posts, it still didn't change your message that the woman is overreacting. You have heard from a number of us who see it the same way, did you see even one poster sticking up for you?

Didn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2018, 05:28 AM

16,826 posts, read 15,110,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
We read all of your follow up posts, it still didn't change your message that the woman is overreacting. You have heard from a number of us who see it the same way, did you see even one poster sticking up for you?

Didn't think so.
I'm not looking for people to "stick up for me."
I explained my post, which, I will again. It was a direct reference to ClaraC's post about suicides, and how sad it is that some people feel this way after such incidents. Nothing more, nothing less.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:31 AM

16,165 posts, read 10,303,692 times
Quote:
I'm not looking for people to "stick up for me."
I explained my post, which, I will again. It was a direct reference to ClaraC's post about suicides, and how sad it is that some people feel this way after such incidents. Nothing more, nothing less.
And again I will point out that you have no right to say how this woman should have reacted. You claimed people will look at it a time or 2 and "move on" while totally ignoring how difficult it would be for the victim to simply move on.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
And again I will point out that you have no right to say how this woman should have reacted.
I believe I have the right to say what I want?

It's sad that some would feel situations like this could ruin their lives. A good number of people in the past have committed suicide over such things.

Who are you to tell me what rights I do or don't have?

Old 12-05-2018, 05:53 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,347,480 times
Quote:
I believe I have the right to say what I want?

It's sad that some would feel situations like this could ruin their lives. A good number of people in the past have committed suicide over such things.

Who are you to tell me what rights I do or don't have?
And we have the right to say what WE want. And most don’t agree with your point of view. It’s that simple.

Quote:
It's a HUGE deal. A major violation of privacy for sure. I guess I should have specified in my post (despite directly quoting whom I was responding to) that I was responding to the poster who mentioned a history of people committing suicide over such things.
Your initial post that got my initial response simply sounded very nonchalant and dismissive not only towards that woman but this type of situation in general.

Yeah I would say someone taking videos of a person in a private setting and THEN attempting to blackmail that person for so,e financial gain or profiting from the situation is a huge deal.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:35 AM

50,415 posts, read 36,051,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cebuan View Post
There have been plenty of people murdered in hotels that were responsible for their safety, and I doubt if many courts have held the hotels liable.
If they were murdered by hotel employees then I bet they probably have.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If they were murdered by hotel employees then I bet they probably have.
Most certainly.

Hilton is going to be held liable for this as well. It's their hotel, and their employee.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:07 AM

35,521 posts, read 17,792,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
But when you google your name, your house getting broken into isn't the first result. Your house doesn't keep getting broken into again and again.

There's a nude video of this woman floating around on the internet with her real name attached, and she can't control it. She doesn't know who has it, where else it's been uploaded, or how many times it's been viewed. That's extremely unsettling.
It's likely she'll be able to control it once this lawsuit goes through the courts.

There are things you can't find on the internet, because the person who owns them doesn't want you to see it.

Back in the 70's, Comedian Steve Allen wrote a 50 question "National Jerk Test" so people could self-determine if they were jerks. It was funny as hell. You can't find it on the internet because his estate has copywritten it. You can find all kinds of references to it, and links that go 404, but you can't find the 50 question test.

Same thing for this woman. My guess is, part of the lawsuit will be to scrub her video from the internet.

Old 12-05-2018, 07:16 AM

35,521 posts, read 17,792,563 times
Ok. So there is kind of a fury about the thought that it's sad that this woman feels this ruined her life, and it's sad that teenage girls (and a boy here and there) have killed themselves over this kind of thing. Over videos of them basically performing, in a normal way, toileting or bathing.

I still just think that's really, really sad, and it's a bigger idea than this one woman's plight, which is understandably difficult. But for us to feel it's acceptable to have a life ruined by a video made of someone showering is just so very sad to me.

(Somehow, this reminds me of a statistic I saw about 15 years ago. Polling women who have been married for 25 years or more, something like 50% of them had never witnessed their husband in the act of urinating. Amazing).

Old 12-05-2018, 08:23 AM

6,662 posts, read 5,874,864 times
Where's the video. Would like to judge for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events