Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 08:15 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,887,176 times

Advertisements

The most egregious aspect about this is that an amazingly engineered super fast and great handling crossover Lamborghini is utterly wasted on a woman who has no clue to its capabilities nor will ever enjoy its sporting nature, rather, it will be driven like a Prius V during its ownership period with her, with complaints about its too snug seats and stiff ride.

Last edited by T. Damon; 12-20-2018 at 08:54 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 10:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwgto View Post
For anyone who has known a true humble pastor that is guided by their belief and is all-about supporting others - - with their time and resources; the contrast is glaring and disappointing. I am not necessarily a religious person, but I have a lot of respect for the many good people serving small churches and their communities.
Can you imagine Charles Stanley doing this?

Old 12-20-2018, 10:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
The most egregious aspect about this is that an amazingly engineered super fast and great handling crossover Lamborghini is utterly wasted on a woman who has no clue to its capabilities nor will ever enjoy its sporting nature, rather, it will be driven like a Prius V during its ownership period with her, with complaints about its too snug seats and stiff ride.
They are extremely hard to drive as well! My friend had a Diablo for awhile, he had alot of experience in sports cars, the Lambo was tough for him to get used, the transmission is a BEAR to shift, along with shift points, car is not very forgiving of mistakes either.

Old 12-22-2018, 04:58 PM

17,263 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
They are extremely hard to drive as well! My friend had a Diablo for awhile, he had alot of experience in sports cars, the Lambo was tough for him to get used, the transmission is a BEAR to shift, along with shift points, car is not very forgiving of mistakes either.
All modern Lamborghinis are shiftable automatics.......no more manual transmissions.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:45 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
What I find telling is the wife's response....which she closes with, "been working for years. Get outta here."

Really? "Get outta here?" Really?
Even if there's really nothing for them to apologize for or be contrite about, THAT -- insulting and disrespectful response from a pastor's wife, a church First Lady -- is not the way to endear people to your position.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:13 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Can you imagine Charles Stanley doing this?
Charles Stanley is one of very few TV pastors who I’m convinced isn’t doing TV ministry in an attempt to fleece the sheep. I’m an atheist but I’d definitely listen to a sermon of his because I think he has shown enough fruit to convince me he is “honoring God.”

As for John Gray, no different than most TV big time prosperity pimp pastors. Use a faith that encourages humbleness to acquire millions and bling out and be in bondage to status and acquiring money. A major reason I decided to be done with Christianity.

Old 12-25-2018, 10:13 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcresHomes44 View Post
People are full of crap, seriously. So evangelists can't live comfortable like the rest of us? They're supposed to be broke & busted, yeah that would make everyone happy.

There's a difference between being "broke and busted" and buying a 200k Lambo, owning multiple homes, etc. I wouldn't say their lifestyle is simply being comfortable like the rest of us lol

Old 12-25-2018, 09:11 PM

604 posts, read 617,742 times
Tangential question: Are activities such are book publishing, TV shows, etc taxed regularly or they get an exemption for being a religious organization?

Old 12-29-2018, 09:54 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
Tangential question: Are activities such are book publishing, TV shows, etc taxed regularly or they get an exemption for being a religious organization?

Not an expert.. But my opinion would be.. if HE is writing the book and HE is getting the profits.. He is taxed.

If he's writing the book as an.. "officer" of the church so to speak, and the profits are going to the church, then they would be exempt.

The only thing I know of that ministers receive as a tax break would be a parsonage. If a preacher lives in a house owned by the church, they can deduct fair market value of rent of the property from their income.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:04 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
There's a difference between being "broke and busted" and buying a 200k Lambo, owning multiple homes, etc. I wouldn't say their lifestyle is simply being comfortable like the rest of us lol
How come the same people who go after churches that like to take advantage of the people don't go after the charities like March of Dimes, Goodwill or Komen Breast Cancer, where the founders and CEO's are making hundreds of thousands a year and have net worths of millions? And these companies also get huge tax benefits for their "charitable" work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events