Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 04:44 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Certainly would change the amount I'd drop in the donation plate on Sunday.
Exactly, if it is his money then why does his church need other peoples money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 05:15 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
I wouldn't attend his church. He surely doesn't need my money.

I think it is in poor taste to be a pastor and flaunt what you have. I'm sure most of his parishioners can't afford a car like that. But hey if they are dumb enough to continue going to his church and give him more money that's their choice. You can't fix stupid.

Old 12-15-2018, 07:08 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
I remember, years ago, there was a TV segment on some black Pastor, and he was preaching to his congregation. In that video, he was saying " The Lord wants me to wear $1500 suits, and fly around in my private jet, it sets an example to all of you as to what you can achieve too !"

The most shocking part was, the people in the congregation were sitting there, clapping and cheering his words, and they kept on dumping money into the collection plate.

Just when you think you have seen it all...………..

Old 12-15-2018, 08:02 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Greg Laurie frim Harvest has money, he has written books, speaking engagements etc,
Truthfully who cares. As long as the pastor did not use church money to buy personal stuff and used his own money from pay/investments/ personal income who really GAF how he spends his money.
So do people automatically assume he needs to be humble because hes a preacher man? Or a a thief to afford such things.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:48 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,383,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
So do people automatically assume he needs to be humble because hes a preacher man?

I'm old fashioned so yes I expect Pastors to be somewhat humble. I expect teachers to be role models who can be looked up to. I expect police officers to be honest and good so "all" people can turn to them when in need. Call me crazy but that's how I feel. If your position is one of authority and/or influence you need to fit the part.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:05 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I remember, years ago, there was a TV segment on some black Pastor, and he was preaching to his congregation. In that video, he was saying " The Lord wants me to wear $1500 suits, and fly around in my private jet, it sets an example to all of you as to what you can achieve too !"

The most shocking part was, the people in the congregation were sitting there, clapping and cheering his words, and they kept on dumping money into the collection plate.

Well, you know the sheeple need to give their money to these cons so they can be saved remember that!

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from the late, great George Carlin, "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." That's how these "preachers of the word" can become millionaires and have private jets and live in the most expansion mansions. Just keep donating your money and you will be saved and go to heaven, give me an hallelujah and an Amen!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:10 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

The race is unimportant. People were forking over their money to Jim and Tammy Faye too.

The biggest swindle ever was convincing people there is a heaven with angels flapping around and that we can buy our way in. The pastor's 'flock' will continue to happily turn over their hard-earned money, no matter what he does with it. Theirs is not a position that questions, or makes use of critical thinking. P.T. Barnum comes to mind.

This is a dog-wags-tail story, not the other way around.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:22 AM

1,156 posts, read 940,137 times
Not a fan of high rolling preachers, but if they enjoy conspicuous consumption and their flocks still like to shovel money at them, well more power to them.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:50 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
I'm old fashioned so yes I expect Pastors to be somewhat humble. I expect teachers to be role models who can be looked up to. I expect police officers to be honest and good so "all" people can turn to them when in need. Call me crazy but that's how I feel. If your position is one of authority and/or influence you need to fit the part.
You are not crazy. You are exactly right.

Old 12-15-2018, 10:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
She looks a little big to be driving a Lambo. Those cars are not built for the larger person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events