Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 05:52 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times

Advertisements

Another person hurt in a zoo. First a worker killed by a lion in SC, and now a child hurt in Fla. Sorry, but it`s the animal I feel sorry for. How would these people feel they were locked up in cages
Why was a two year old, not being held by a parent? Not the animals fault! When are we going to treat animals, the way they should be treated. They are God`s creatures.....the same as we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 06:12 AM

5,882 posts, read 6,950,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
. First a worker killed by a lion in SC

It was actually in North Carolina
https://www.wral.com/the-latest-wild...ions/18096319/

Old 01-02-2019, 07:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
I found this article, that appears to show the encounter area and the steel bars the girl walked through.

The intent of the zoo, apparently, during these "encounters" is to have the public reach their arms in and pet the rhinos.

The slats appear far enough apart that they wouldn't meet code for a simple backyard deck railing 2 feet above the ground - they're spaced too far apart, meaning children could easily get through them.

Um. If a fence isn't safe for a back deck, it surely isn't safe for a rhino encounter.

I mean really - look at the pic - are people REALLY supposed to be putting their whole arms through into the enclosure? Broken arm much?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-f...ourne-florida/

Old 01-02-2019, 07:14 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
Quote:
Another person hurt in a zoo. First a worker killed by a lion in SC, and now a child hurt in Fla. Sorry, but it`s the animal I feel sorry for. How would these people feel they were locked up in cages
Why was a two year old, not being held by a parent? Not the animals fault! When are we going to treat animals, the way they should be treated. They are God`s creatures.....the same as we are.
Are you nice, I thought the "no cages ever!" People cared about all creatures!

Old 01-02-2019, 07:14 AM

323 posts, read 218,986 times
I feel bad for the animals too. I believe that animals will attack given the chance because I'm sure they get so much anxiety being caged like that.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:17 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
No one ever said Rhino's could be friendly and wasn't the event for children 3 and up not 2 year olds? I just hope the rhino doesn't have to be sacrificed for something that wasn't its fault.

Old 01-02-2019, 07:26 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
No one ever said Rhino's could be friendly and wasn't the event for children 3 and up not 2 year olds? I just hope the rhino doesn't have to be sacrificed for something that wasn't its fault.
The zoo has made a very clear statement that the rhinos won't be punished in any way.

Interestingly, meaning they predicted there would be public concern for the rhinos, as there should be.

Now. Let's get back to who thought a rhino encounter with the public was a good idea.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:42 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,266 times
Quote:
If it was someone who was someone old enough to know better I would agree, but a two year old child doesn’t so I feel worse for the child

Old 01-02-2019, 09:15 AM

8,753 posts, read 5,048,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Are you nice, I thought the "no cages ever!" People cared about all creatures!
The people are the ones with all the power....animals have no say.

Old 01-02-2019, 09:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Geez, the practice of locking animals like this up in cages, so people can come gawk at them, should have died off with circus freak shows and other such things of the past!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events