Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 03:04 PM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times

Advertisements

Poor little girl

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/moth...212038201.html

looks like she took quite a beating. Where was the driver???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 03:20 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,762,273 times
Drivers can't always see activity between the seats and can't tell real distress from typical hooting and hollering.

A 12yo beating up a 5yo is just sick. I strongly suspect that the missing material here is that the 12yo is special needs or has known issues, which just makes it worse.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Drivers can't always see activity between the seats and can't tell real distress from typical hooting and hollering.

A 12yo beating up a 5yo is just sick. I strongly suspect that the missing material here is that the 12yo is special needs or has known issues, which just makes it worse.
Or just a punk with no moral teaching at home. I Don’t understand why schools don't require monitors on busses

Old 01-03-2019, 09:26 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post

Can't see or don't want to see? Growing up I saw many a teacher or other adult school employee doing everything in their power to avoid "seeing" the bully. Heck the idea of a kid getting bullied was talked about as a positive thing -- "it will toughen 'em up" kind of BS. I don't for once second believe that bus driver didn't know what was going on. And special needs is no excuse. If a kid is that troubled, there needs to be a responsible adult for just these situations.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:31 PM

6,867 posts, read 4,866,838 times
That poor little girl. The children, and the parents of the children need to face some sort of penalties. I'd like to see the parents get a stiff fine. They didn't say if the 12 year old girl was autistic, but that doesn't excuse the behavior. A violent child should not be allowed to ride the bus. The parents should be responsible for taking them to school. Or maybe it's come to the point where they need to have an adult at the back of all school buses to monitor what's going on with the kids so that the driver can focus on driving.

Old 01-03-2019, 09:51 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
That poor little girl. The children, and the parents of the children need to face some sort of penalties. I'd like to see the parents get a stiff fine. They didn't say if the 12 year old girl was autistic, but that doesn't excuse the behavior. A violent child should not be allowed to ride the bus. The parents should be responsible for taking them to school. Or maybe it's come to the point where they need to have an adult at the back of all school buses to monitor what's going on with the kids so that the driver can focus on driving.
Where were all the other kids who should have come to that girl's rescue? In my school bus days, an attack like that would have been put down instantly, by several other riders.

Old 01-03-2019, 10:06 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Where were all the other kids who should have come to that girl's rescue? In my school bus days, an attack like that would have been put down instantly, by several other riders.
It just depends of what group of kids were on that bus, sometimes other kids are afraid of the alpha bully and won't engage out of fear so they either ignore or become their little minions. I know my son has stepped in to challenge kids who were bulling another student and he wasn't the only one. Honestly I too find it hard to believe others didn't try to stop the brat from hurting that little girl

Old 01-04-2019, 05:22 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I doubt the 12 year old learned her lesson by being suspended, she’ll return to school even angrier and vowing revenge for the 5 year old that told on her. That’s how bullies are.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:24 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
Shameful that a 12 yo needs to physically assault a 5 yo. The 5 yo is no threat to the older girl at all.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:31 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welldonefries View Post
Sick and sad. I'd like to see what the attackers look like ... might give a better understanding of why they did it.
It's purposely being left out for a reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events