Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2019, 01:34 AM

2 posts, read 1,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, where did you get that bit of news, New Person? Did that come up in the local news? Is that going to be followed up on? I wonder if the doctor has found a reason to leave town, suddenly. And why aren't there more women doctors???

Sounds like a potential bombshell. But a doctor should be able to afford to support a disabled child...
Read that on an updated news report, I'll try and find it and
post the link.
But yes ! definitely needs to be followed up !

Here > a bit about it

[quote] annual doctor’s examination took place on April 16, 2018.
“No changes,” says a handwritten note in response to
a form question asking whether there have been
“any major changes in the ward’s physical and/or mental condition in
the last year.”no one was able to reach the doctor who performed the examination. /QUOTE]
half way down the pg.

[url]https://news.yahoo.com/woman-coma-gave-birth-had-005512482.html[/url]

Last edited by .anglewings.; 01-13-2019 at 01:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 05:04 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
[quote=.anglewings.;54133857]Read that on an updated news report, I'll try and find it and
post the link.
But yes ! definitely needs to be followed up !

Here > a bit about it

Quote:
annual doctor’s examination took place on April 16, 2018.
“No changes,” says a handwritten note in response to
a form question asking whether there have been
“any major changes in the ward’s physical and/or mental condition in
the last year.”no one was able to reach the doctor who performed the examination. /QUOTE]
half way down the pg.

https://news.yahoo.com/woman-coma-ga...005512482.html
Physicals for long term care residents aren't usually done like that, questionnaires and such. No report would ever call a resident a "ward". I'm skeptical of this reporting.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:35 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anglewings. View Post
Hi, new here. Don't know if this has been mentioned before,
but it's been reported, that the victim had been ordered a
full physical exam just 9mths prior.
The doctor needs to be questioned asp! about her physical
state, I'm sure he is able to give a dna sample too or there is
a red flag.
Wonder if there was a female nurse present while the physical
was preformed by the doc ?
Anyways, there will be a line of people with petrol and a match
waiting to send the twisted perv to where he belongs.
The doctor seems the least likely suspect.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .anglewings. View Post
Hi, new here. Don't know if this has been mentioned before,
but it's been reported, that the victim had been ordered a
full physical exam just 9mths prior.
The doctor needs to be questioned asp! about her physical
state, I'm sure he is able to give a dna sample too or there is
a red flag.
Wonder if there was a female nurse present while the physical
was preformed by the doc ?
Anyways, there will be a line of people with petrol and a match
waiting to send the twisted perv to where he belongs.
Wow, where did you get that bit of news, New Person? Did that come up in the local news? Is that going to be followed up on? I wonder if the doctor has found a reason to leave town, suddenly. And why aren't there more women doctors???

Sounds like a potential bombshell. But a doctor should be able to afford to support a disabled child...
From an article posted yesterday

911 audio shows panic after comatose woman gave birth in Arizona care facility Friday, January 11, 2019 06:00PM

Quote:
The woman's mother, who is her legal guardian, is required under state law to submit an annual report that includes results of a physical, according to Maricopa County Superior Court documents. A doctor examined the woman on April 16 and found "no change" in her health during an external exam.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

911 audio shows panic after comatose woman gave birth in Arizona care facility Friday, January 11, 2019 06:00PM
An external examination. If she was pregnant then (we have no idea if she went a full nine months), she’d not have any signs yet. I haven’t seen anything yet to indicate if this was a full term baby. But yes, male docs need to be included as possibles, too. I highly doubt it for 2 reasons, one a nurse usually does rounds with the docs, but more so, again I think the only way for it to happen unnoticed was on the overnight shift.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:38 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:

Not new. She had a physical 8 months ago.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:45 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I saw that too, about the “mother has to ...” & I’ve never heard of such a thing! Then again; I’ve never worked in a place like this Hacienda either. Supposedly they have three facilities in Arizona & all are for children & young adults.

I’m not sure if Colorado even has LTC facilities like that, with the exception of the state hospital in Pueblo that suffered major funding cuts when the laws changed regarding inpatient care for the mentally ill. They still have a children’s campus but I don’t know if they do acute or skilled nursing anymore.

I have taken care of an 18 month old who had been admitted to an inpatient Hospice facility, after having been born with anacephaly (underdeveloped brain) & abandoned by her parents. Instead of dying within 6 months she started improving & had to be discharged to a medical foster home. The foster parents fell in love with her & had petitioned the court to adopt. Hope all went well with that.

There must be something very different with either Arizona law or Medicaid/Medicare policy specifically for LTC of young people; to require a legal guardian to facilitate an independent physical exam. Try to get a second opinion for an elder in LTC & you face tons of red-tape & obstacles.

Old 01-13-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I saw that too, about the “mother has to ...” & I’ve never heard of such a thing! Then again; I’ve never worked in a place like this Hacienda either. Supposedly they have three facilities in Arizona & all are for children & young adults.

I’m not sure if Colorado even has LTC facilities like that, with the exception of the state hospital in Pueblo that suffered major funding cuts when the laws changed regarding inpatient care for the mentally ill. They still have a children’s campus but I don’t know if they do acute or skilled nursing anymore.

I have taken care of an 18 month old who had been admitted to an inpatient Hospice facility, after having been born with anacephaly (underdeveloped brain) & abandoned by her parents. Instead of dying within 6 months she started improving & had to be discharged to a medical foster home. The foster parents fell in love with her & had petitioned the court to adopt. Hope all went well with that.

There must be something very different with either Arizona law or Medicaid/Medicare policy specifically for LTC of young people; to require a legal guardian to facilitate an independent physical exam. Try to get a second opinion for an elder in LTC & you face tons of red-tape & obstacles.
Yes I've been working in nursing homes in New Jersey for 20 years and I've never heard of such a place.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:51 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
What especially grosses me out about this whole thing is that Hacienda appears to be busily changing its policies so FEMALE patients are no longer left alone with male staff. So they're really only trying to prevent pregnancy, not sexual violence. If you're a male in one of these facilities and unable to defend yourself, it's still open season on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
The same article also stated that the mother’s drugs may have impacted the baby’s movement in utero and that her uterus was displaced by scar tissue from a previous procedure, hence no typical baby bump.

How badly displaced could it be? Unless the baby is 4 months premature he had to be showing somewhere on her body. Pushing out the side of her abdomen. Growing out of her neck. SOMEWHERE.

Old 01-13-2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
What especially grosses me out about this whole thing is that Hacienda appears to be busily changing its policies so FEMALE patients are no longer left alone with male staff. So they're really only trying to prevent pregnancy, not sexual violence. If you're a male in one of these facilities and unable to defend yourself, it's still open season on you.

How badly displaced could it be? Unless the baby is 4 months premature he had to be showing somewhere on her body. Pushing out the side of her abdomen. Growing out of her neck. SOMEWHERE.
I work with the elderly in nursing homes, but we have male aids too. I think I would feel very embarrassed and uncomfortable having a guy bathe me and wipe my heiney, personally. People can request only having a female (or vice versa) but there are a lot of people who can’t communicate what they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events