Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2019, 11:56 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
What especially grosses me out about this whole thing is that Hacienda appears to be busily changing its policies so FEMALE patients are no longer left alone with male staff. So they're really only trying to prevent pregnancy, not sexual violence. If you're a male in one of these facilities and unable to defend yourself, it's still open season on you.
I've been following this case on social media by scanning through the comments on the posts from local news outlets in their area. This provides me with some observations on the local perspective & some of the comments are now numbering into the 300's.

This includes some communication between former & even some current; employees at the facilities. You will find a string of "forwards" to people containing replies like: "OMG. Are you thinking what I am thinking", or "Do you think it's him?" & even: "Well, we both said he looked like a creep from day one".

There are a couple of mothers of current patients commenting as well. One mom of a 22-year-old daughter has said that she has quit her job & is staying at the facility 24/7; until a transfer to a different facility can be arranged.

Obviously, this is all anecdotal & unverified & there is always the chance of "disgruntled ex-employees" trying to fan the flames but I did notice a comment from a former employee who insists she was fired after reporting inappropriate behavior towards a male patient.

I guess there have been protests outside the three facilities this healthcare group operates demanding that they all be shut down. The skilled nursing facility has a 58 patient capacity ... Where would the patients go if this happens?

But you are absolutely correct; the response so far seems to focus on avoiding another pregnancy, not so much abuse, with the exception of the mothers who have stated that the facilities are "full of cops" (also unverifiable). As they are DNA testing the male staff, I wonder if they are doing pregnancy tests on all the female patients? They only accept both male & female patients up to age 45, so all the female patients could be potentially at risk for being pregnant right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 10:12 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
I wouldn't let them DNA test me without probable reason... IE is the baby ethnically the same as me?

Police can't not round up all the people in an area because a crime was committed without a better reason than wrong place/time, but they are doing it here.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:47 AM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
I wouldn't let them DNA test me without probable reason... IE is the baby ethnically the same as me?
A visual check means nothing. I look like a brown Hawaiian local and one of my kids looks really white and my grandkids are practically translucent.

I also have 1st cousins & an aunt with pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes; put them in a family picture and they stand out like glowing candles.

No, merely visually checking ethnicity is a faulty means of exclusion.

Old 01-16-2019, 07:58 PM

375 posts, read 609,248 times
Push for state laws to allow cameras in the room if requested by legal guardians or family perhaps.
Creeps me out. Kinda like the movie "Kill Bill"

Old 01-17-2019, 02:58 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,538,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
A visual check means nothing. I look like a brown Hawaiian local and one of my kids looks really white and my grandkids are practically translucent.

I also have 1st cousins & an aunt with pale skin, blonde hair and blue eyes; put them in a family picture and they stand out like glowing candles.

No, merely visually checking ethnicity is a faulty means of exclusion.
DNA test the baby... They have to do anyways to match to "father".

Then the "father" gets to sue for custody of the baby later

Old 01-17-2019, 03:49 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Going forward, mandatory DNA samples/testing for all current and future staff as a condition of employment. Staff members who were there 9 months ago but now gone, track them down and get samples. Every single one of them.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:43 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop01 View Post
Push for state laws to allow cameras in the room if requested by legal guardians or family perhaps.
Creeps me out. Kinda like the movie "Kill Bill"
Long-term nursing facilities have allowed cameras for a very long time if the resident and the family wishes. They just can’t show their roommates on it.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:44 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Going forward, mandatory DNA samples/testing for all current and future staff as a condition of employment. Staff members who were there 9 months ago but now gone, track them down and get samples. Every single one of them.
I disagree vehemently with DNA samples for future employees. That is a very large can of worms you were opening there.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:14 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I disagree vehemently with DNA samples for future employees. That is a very large can of worms you were opening there.
Like what? I’m curious.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:25 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
I cannot fathom what level of sick one would have to be to find such a patient sexually appealing; the muscle atrophy, the blank stare, the incontinence, the corpselike presentation...*shudder*

Imagine the man who did this has a wife...who has no idea how sick he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events