Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 08:06 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever21_boogie View Post
Leashes are usually not permitted in dog parks. Among dog owners, this is pretty much common knowledge. Dogs become aggressive toward dogs on leashes because the dog cannot "catch" the other dogs while it's on a leash. I think you mean a regular park.

Your post is full of thinly veiled racial insults.
I read the article, and it said leashes were required. I also read the post, and there was nothing within a million miles of a racial insult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 09:11 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
I glanced through the title of this thread and glanced through a couple of the posts. Let's be clear here: the punch didn't kill him. Rather, the way he fell and hit his head did, so basically a freak accident. He could have tripped and fell with the same result.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:27 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Except that we all know that punching a man can kill him in exactly that way, which means the punch did kill him.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:30 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I glanced through the title of this thread and glanced through a couple of the posts. Let's be clear here: the punch didn't kill him. Rather, the way he fell and hit his head did, so basically a freak accident. He could have tripped and fell with the same result.
This is a clear case of voluntary manslaughter, do some research on it and compare it to the facts.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:05 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever21_boogie View Post
Leashes are usually not permitted in dog parks. Among dog owners, this is pretty much common knowledge. Dogs become aggressive toward dogs on leashes because the dog cannot "catch" the other dogs while it's on a leash. I think you mean a regular park.

Your post is full of thinly veiled racial insults, but did you read the article and take a look at the photo of the perpetrator? I think you'd be surprised.
What?? You need glasses.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:13 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times
Quote:
Fortunately the authorities disagree with you, hence the charges of involuntary manslaughter, terroristic threats, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. They recognise that the way he fell and hit his head was caused by being punched in head. As you know perfectly well, that is not an accident.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:20 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
A freak accident?

You need to brush up on the law, dude.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:44 AM

1,279 posts, read 853,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
A man got upset with another man who asked him to put a leash on his pitbull, as the man was worried about the safety of his small dog.

The man punched the other man, who then hit his head on the concrete and died.

I feel really bad for for the deceased victim (who was a big man). He was about to be married, and he and his fiancée look so happy in their pictures. That unfortunately will not happen now.

The suspect now has to live with the guilt of taking a man's life. It goes to show you that something seemingly minor, like a punch, can end up being very serious and change your life forever. He turned himself in and has been charged with involuntary manslaughter. That is why, unless my life is threatened, I try to never resort to violence. Punching someone can definitely lead to bad outcomes, and can alter both people's lives forever.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ge=BBS5pOP_1|1
I feel sorry for the deceased man, but not the suspect.

Having an unleashed pitbull?

Punching someone?

I've never done such things. Nor have maybe 99% of all men.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,161 times
Not sure why someone thinks I'm racist - both guys look white to me, not that it matters
And this was not a dog park it was just a regular park with a leash law.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:37 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
You should really get that jerking knee looked at.
Yep, I rolled my eyes too when I saw the first reply on this thread. Defensive much? Sounds like the man in this article told another walker in a public park to leash up their DOG and that person got overly defensive too for some reason. Our society has gone nuts. It's crazy that people now self identify with a four legged dog to the point where they take "personal" offense to a simple request that they abide by existing leash laws. Just WOW.

Here is video of witnesses who were there. This was before the man turned himself in. Apparently children play in this park too and unleashed dogs have been a problem.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...503976091.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events