Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 10:10 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,816,761 times

Advertisements

I wish all adults had to kill the animals they eat up close and personal at least once.

The sniveling coming from holier-than-thou, sanctimonious, hypocritical, whiny, cowards WHO EAT MEAT THAT OTHERS KILL is nauseating to the max.

Who wants to bet they have absolutely NO problem with abortion ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 03:25 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't own a gun. But I'm a good shooter.
I think you mean you're a good shot. Good shooters play in the NBA.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:03 PM

596 posts, read 730,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I wish all adults had to kill the animals they eat up close and personal at least once.

The sniveling coming from holier-than-thou, sanctimonious, hypocritical, whiny, cowards WHO EAT MEAT THAT OTHERS KILL is nauseating to the max.

Who wants to bet they have absolutely NO problem with abortion ?
And plenty of us DON'T eat meat at all. Some of you seem oblivious to the fact that there are actual human beings walking around who don't eat any kind of animal carcass. We don't all pile our grocery carts full of neatly packaged, butchered animal flesh. So your ranting about "holier-than-thou, sanctimonious, hypocritical, whiny, cowards WHO EAT MEAT THAT OTHERS KILL" is both idiotic and moot. As for the people in here who do eat meat but don't like the pictures, they clearly stated that they understand people killing for food, but they find it disturbing that some hunters take pictures posing and grinning with the lifeless animal. What part of that is so difficult for you to comprehend? There's nothing hypocritical or sanctimonious about meat-eaters acknowledging that killing animals is required to put meat on their tables, but not wanting to revel in the animal's death. It is possible for a hunter to kill an animal, be grateful for the nourishment it will provide, and respect the animal's sacrifice all at the same time. Posing and grinning with your kill is revolting, as is your pathetic attempt to drag abortion into this discussion.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:07 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
And plenty of us DON'T eat meat at all. Some of you seem oblivious to the fact that there are actual human beings walking around who don't eat any kind of animal carcass. We don't all pile our grocery carts full of neatly packaged, butchered animal flesh. So your ranting about "holier-than-thou, sanctimonious, hypocritical, whiny, cowards WHO EAT MEAT THAT OTHERS KILL" is both idiotic and moot. As for the people in here who do eat meat but don't like the pictures, they clearly stated that they understand people killing for food, but they find it disturbing that some hunters take pictures posing and grinning with the lifeless animal. What part of that is so difficult for you to comprehend? There's nothing hypocritical or sanctimonious about meat-eaters acknowledging that killing animals is required to put meat on their tables, but not wanting to revel in the animal's death. It is possible for a hunter to kill an animal, be grateful for the nourishment it will provide, and respect the animal's sacrifice all at the same time. Posing and grinning with your kill is revolting, as is your pathetic attempt to drag abortion into this discussion.
Thank you for expressing my thoughts on this subject so well.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:33 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,605,427 times
Quote:
Then that post is not for you or anyone living a low protein life. Move on.

As for the rest, it is very very simple. People have been making and keeping mementos of thier accomplishments since time immemorial.

Oh, we get it, simply because you dislike the achievement in question , you feel the need to squeal about it over and over. It's petty.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:54 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
So well said!

I agree. There are meat eaters who HATE these pictures. I know many. Most of my friends eat meat. None of them want to see pictures of slaughter houses.

Is that hypocritical? I don't think so. Why would they want to look at animals being killed? It's NATURAL NOT to want to see gore and suffering.

I even get that some people hunt for food. It's a necessary evil. I say "evil" because anyone who takes joy in slaughter, killing or the suffering of other beings - is a sadist.

The taking of pictures of dead animals is really a new phenomenon - and a disturbing one.

Not all meat eaters are sadists.

Not all people who hunt for food are sadists.

People who grin from ear to ear while holding the lifeless, mutilated corpse of a dead animals - has a mean streak.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:57 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,641 times
Nice. Good for her. Puts meat on the table

Old 02-02-2019, 11:07 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,816,761 times
Quote:
And plenty of us DON'T eat meat at all. Some of you seem oblivious to the fact that there are actual human beings walking around who don't eat any kind of animal carcass. We don't all pile our grocery carts full of neatly packaged, butchered animal flesh. So your ranting about "holier-than-thou, sanctimonious, hypocritical, whiny, cowards WHO EAT MEAT THAT OTHERS KILL" is both idiotic and moot. As for the people in here who do eat meat but don't like the pictures, they clearly stated that they understand people killing for food, but they find it disturbing that some hunters take pictures posing and grinning with the lifeless animal. What part of that is so difficult for you to comprehend? ......
If you don't eat meat or use leather, i.e. animal skin, the post does not concern you.
And what difference does it make to a dead fish that it's picture was taken?

No one REVELS in death. We honor the death that brings food to support life.
Anyone who misinterprets this simple fact is to be pitied.

Last edited by PamelaIamela; 02-02-2019 at 11:19 PM..

Old 02-03-2019, 01:09 AM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
Hunting wild animals properly is so much more humane than factory farms and slaughterhouses. She is proud to be able to feed her family and provide for them, I'm sure, not a bloodthirsty madwoman who thrills to the sight of blood. There is a huge, huge difference between some dentist grinning over a murdered lion and a person feeding their family or others.

I understand the moral stance on vegetarianism and veganism despite being an omnivore myself, but meat is meat, and only people with very big blinders on can think plastic-wrapped, packaged meat started out as something other than a dead, bloody animal. I've smiled and felt proud when my Thanksgiving turkey came out perfect last year.
I agree with this.

Quote:
If you don't eat meat or use leather, i.e. animal skin, the post does not concern you.
And what difference does it make to a dead fish that it's picture was taken?
As far as I know, not one person has referred to what difference it would make to the dead animal.

Quote:
No one REVELS in death. We honor the death that brings food to support life.
Anyone who misinterprets this simple fact is to be pitied.
Well, that is exactly what some posters are complaining about, people posting pictures on social media reveling in the death of their kills. So, plenty of people revel in death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events