Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 12:08 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,373,059 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/teen...143912568.html

"Teenage girls are accused of throwing objects at McDonald’s customers and employees in Moreno Valley, Calif., after they were asked to leave the children’s PlayPlace area. According to police, the incident caused thousands of dollars in damage.

“I was about to get hit in the head. They were throwing them pretty high, too, like they had no aim,” one employee, Dexter Forbes Jr., told CBS affiliate KCAL 9. Forbes says that the teens broke a monitor during the fight.

A 28-year-old mother said she asked the teens to leave the kids’ clubhouse, where her 2- and 5-year-old daughters were playing. “[They were] telling me to get up and fight them, and I said, ‘I’m not gonna fight you,’” the woman, who chose to remain anonymous, told the local news station.

The woman said that after she refused to fight the teens, they started to throw cups of water and ice.

“They kept wanting to fight me. They all started hitting me, and my two little girls were crying,” she told news station KNBC 4. “My dad realized that they were on me and he pulled me away.” The mother was reportedly treated for minor injuries.

A manager at the McDonald’s said he couldn’t talk about the incident and referred KCAL 9 to another manager, who did not immediately respond to requests for comment. Yahoo Lifestyle has reached out to the fast food chain as well.

The teenagers reportedly took off after the incident and have not been found."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 03:46 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
I'm not surprised they haven't yet been identified. Every site I've seen has their faces blurred. That's interesting, too, because no one really knows how old they are.

Aside from that, and given their actions, I can see why the 28-year-old mother wanted them out of the children's play area.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:19 PM

Their faces are blurred but some people undoubtedly will figure out who they are. The McDonald's manager wouldn't do anything to get rid of them at first.

Old 01-09-2019, 04:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Their faces are blurred but some people undoubtedly will figure out who they are. The McDonald's manager wouldn't do anything to get rid of them at first.

Oh, brother. Talk about letting a situation escalate...

Old 01-09-2019, 04:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Here's the video that's not blurred out, in the share by Audrey Denise:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX

Old 01-09-2019, 04:50 PM

Well now maybe there's a chance someone will recognize them since their faces aren't blurred. They look at least 17 but they might be older.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:54 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
It amazes me that the kids and parents want others to also be responsible. Believe me, back in my day those girls would have gotten thrown out and it would have been physical, but these days the person throwing them out will be arrested. These girls know that and they know they now have the power to harass a mother and two little girls. Wish these teens would get some jail time to be honest. Enough is enough.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:25 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,775,839 times
I don't know why the police weren't called the second these girls started to behave aggressively. There are all these people standing around videotaping, why isn't anyone calling the police to tell them that there's a riot going on? I bet that these girls have a track record of similar behavior in school, too.

I really hope that these girls are arrested and prosecuted for assault and vandalism. It's pretty clear that their mothers are cut from the same cloth, trying in any way to make it seem that these girls were not responsible for their violent, aggressive behavior.

Old 01-14-2019, 05:58 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,491 times
Two of those girls turned themselves in at the police station. Their mothers took them there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9HYh4Bofk

Old 01-14-2019, 06:27 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty MacButter View Post
Two of those girls turned themselves in at the police station. Their mothers took them there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9HYh4Bofk
Good for the moms.

Teens do some incredibly stupid things. It's so embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events