Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 12:07 AM

26,536 posts, read 36,426,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Of course it’s not clickbait!

There is nothing about either your links or the link provided by the poster of post #17 that resembles fake news. The most notable thing; is that there is actually ... information.

Most of the current events news links recently are little on information, dependent on repetition & regurgitated from the same press release. It’s brief & sanitized. How interesting but ominous this is; that without the familiar TimeWarner framing; people get confused.

And it is on mainstream media; including Google. Thank you for your input, btw.
Google News is nothing but an aggregator and not an original news source. It even picks up stuff like this from the tabloids.

And the definition of clickbait isn't necessarily "fake news." It's actually mostly stuff like this that's been sensationalized by hyperbolic "reporting."

Sounds like you're the one who's confused.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 01-23-2019 at 12:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 09:01 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,663,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Google News is nothing but an aggregator and not an original news source. It even picks up stuff like this from the tabloids.

And the definition of clickbait isn't necessarily "fake news." It's actually mostly stuff like this that's been sensationalized by hyperbolic "reporting."

Sounds like you're the one who's confused.
It's not clickbait or sensationalized, because the story is sensational. I can send you the links to the sensationalized stuff, but if you're a aged, overweight, and/or physically challenged westerner, you're not going to like the unfiltered language they use.

IMO the takeaways from this story are:
1. We, as good Americans, need to be better guests outside (and inside) our borders and represent the greatness of our country. This guy does the opposite, and deserves our whole-hearted condemnation.
2. Flight attendents, especially female flight attendents aboard airlines from the newly-developed or developing world, are in a difficult position doing a thankless job, and deserve better treatment. There are countless assaults and insults they endure (yes, many/most from well-heeled overpriviliged [often-asian] businessmen) from rude or uncouth slobs of all colors and country. Recognize what they endure and be good examples of air travellers. The same goes for domestic American airline attendents. Lets all try to make their jobs and lives easier.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:26 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,545,277 times
What kind of a$$clown behaves like that? I would have no problem seeing this guy ejected over the Pacific and made into fish food. The airlines are not there to wipe your rear and have you get off on some freaky fetish.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:44 AM

17,080 posts, read 21,739,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What amazes me is the unprofessional way the article in the New York Post was written.
click bait........write something outrageous and then it will go viral!

Old 01-23-2019, 10:23 AM

10,845 posts, read 7,249,363 times
Guy probably needs to be committed to a nut farm.
One with large male interns to help him go to the bathroom.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:59 AM

15,992 posts, read 20,975,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Do you have a link to this? I haven't read anywhere that he's done this on other airlines. Not that I'm defending him, because I do think he's quite disgusting. I just would like to see the link to the information you presented here. I would have simply refused to wipe him. Unless he pointed a gun at her, she wasn't forced.
Splitting hairs. She was coerced. You think she might have done this voluntarily and lied about it, or that it never happened at all? Your disdain for service workers is showing again.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:14 PM

9,288 posts, read 11,033,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
That man needs a mental evaluation. Depending on the results, he needs to either be banned from flying or he needs a caregiver who can help him if he is not capable of taking care of himself.
Flight attendant ditto. He could not have FORCED her to do anything. He demanded, she submitted.

He's an ass, she's a dope.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:20 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,313,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Flight attendant ditto. He could not have FORCED her to do anything. He demanded, she submitted.

Exactly.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:38 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,545,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

Different culture. An American Airline flight attendant would of told him to pound sand and he knew it. I don't blame her at all. That guy is 100% to blame.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:51 PM

26,536 posts, read 36,426,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wac_432 View Post
It's not clickbait or sensationalized, because the story is sensational. I can send you the links to the sensationalized stuff, but if you're a aged, overweight, and/or physically challenged westerner, you're not going to like the unfiltered language they use.
No, that's not it. This just isn't as interesting to me as it obviously is to some on CD, and I don't condor it news.

It's a horrible thing to do to a flight attendant, but despicable behavior isn't limited to U.S. citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events