Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 07:22 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,550,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The dtiry didn’t say she grabbed it, they were taking turns.
You read the story wrong. Supposedly the killer emptied the revolver, put one round back in and spun the cylinder and pulled the trigger on an empty chamber aimed to the side and away from the victim. Then, the victim grabbed the gun and pointed the gun at the killer and pulled the trigger on another empty chamber. It was then that the killer grabbed the gun from the victim, pointed the gun at the victim, pulled the trigger on a loaded chamber killing her. FFS read the GD story. Are you daft? You seem to have no knowledge of how guns work or reading comprehension.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:49 PM

50,658 posts, read 36,357,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
You read the story wrong. Supposedly the killer emptied the revolver, put one round back in and spun the cylinder and pulled the trigger on an empty chamber aimed to the side and away from the victim. Then, the victim grabbed the gun and pointed the gun at the killer and pulled the trigger on another empty chamber. It was then that the killer grabbed the gun from the victim, pointed the gun at the victim, pulled the trigger on a loaded chamber killing her. FFS read the GD story. Are you daft? You seem to have no knowledge of how guns work or reading comprehension.
The article uses the word “took”. Not grabbed. It is also clear that they are playing a game taking turns for the article.
https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...547a2e4dc.html

Why do you feel the need to insult me to try to make a point?

Old 01-27-2019, 09:49 PM

1,133 posts, read 445,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
I hope they all were on drugs or drunk, because it's too frightening to imagine sober people, cops no less, playing this "game".
I would say alcohol played a part, but I still thinks this smells of a personal relationship gone sour. I believe there was a fight, possible breakup or ultimatums. I then think things turned heated and a shooting occurred. Being cops and having an understanding manslaughter was a much better plight to be in than murder, I think the Russian roulette game was fabricated.

I think one or the other figured manslaughter was likely a 10-15 year or less sentence, and 2nd degree murder was probably at minimum twice that. In addition the possibility of an affair, combined with the aggravated shooting would hammer any sympathy the jury was likely to show.

But I am just thinking out load and have no knowledge to back this up. It is just a theory.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:17 PM

102,172 posts, read 107,699,700 times
Where was the lady cop's husband at 1:00 a.m., I wonder. Was he out of town that day or weekend, or whenever it was? Since when do off-duty cops help on-duty cops slack around and goof off at home?

There's gotta be a lot more to this story. Or if they're all really that dumb, they all need to be institutionalized, because they're not smart enough to not be a danger to themselves and others.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:41 AM

68 posts, read 86,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
thoughts and prayers
...have never helped a shooting victim or their families.

Prosecution and Incarceration.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:32 PM

1,133 posts, read 445,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade51 View Post
...have never helped a shooting victim or their families.

Prosecution and Incarceration.

The phrase thoughts and prayers has never hurt a shooting victim or their family either. I have never understood those who have to criticize the phrase thoughts and prayers. What would you suggest, suck it up? How about, get over it? Tough luck?

I think thoughts and prayers is a nice way of saying the complicated message of I hope you find peace, comfort and closure. I just can't understand why it draws snarky comments? There are no magic healing words, but it is still considerate to let people know you feel for them. Thoughts and prayers sure seems pretty kind and thoughtful comment to me.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:48 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,005,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
While she and the shooter were off duty the other two officers present were on. I also don't buy the story.

There were 3 people total.

The only one off duty was the female officer. The other 2 were supposed to be on duty.

Per the details as presented, it could've just as easily been the female officer facing manslaughter charges. She did, afterall, point the gun at Hernden and fire first.

Although, like everyone else who thinks so, the whole thing stinks. I'm going to guess that more details will be forthcoming as time goes on. And I'm going to guess this will be in the news off and on (at least locally) for quite awhile.

I live in the St. Louis area. No one I know thinks this went down as being reported.

I feel sorry for her husband and her mother. At that time of day (or night) she should've been home with her husband.

I think when you're a police officer's family, you try and resign yourself to the fact that your loved one puts their life on the line every day. But you would hope if something tragic DOES happen, it's in the line of duty, and being a hero. Not under a cloud of suspicion and doubt.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:55 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,005,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They weren't at the office. They were in the perp's apartment. Even more fishy. IDK how the men could claim to be "on duty" while at the home of one of the guys. What kind of "on duty" is that?
They were SUPPOSED to be on duty.

A spokesperson for the police dept had stated at one point, that the police force doesn't have an issue with an officer running home for a short time, while on duty, like say to grab their phone, or something like that...but (I'm paraphrasing here, cause I don't remember the exact words he used) but this is over the top.

Old 01-28-2019, 05:25 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,888,546 times
This was an all around crazy story. When they initially said it was an accidental shooting my first thought was yeah right. The fact that she was a young woman makes it even more fishy. I've worked in male dominant workplaces, and could very well see this as being a cover up, but who knows. It's definitely an interesting story no doubt about that.

Old 01-29-2019, 04:28 PM

10,018 posts, read 8,604,399 times
Hendren's mugshot

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nathani...ed-in-mugshot/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events