Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2019, 10:36 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...en/2683566002/

Not to self, it's not like playing it in the movies.

Someone in law enforcement explain this.....

Old 01-27-2019, 02:41 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
You honestly think they killed her so their wives didn’t find out she was hanging in the apartment with them??? They decided losing their career or possibly going to jail for manslaughter was preferable to having a blow out with their wives? Didn’t killing her in the apartment guarantee their wives would find out?
I think you read too much into my comment.........I think the whole "russian roulette" story was cooked up, I never mentioned "their wives" but do wonder what the dead woman's husband is going to think/feel.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:12 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,432,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
they are all in their 20’s, young people do immature things.
When I was in my twenties I did really stupid things. But never ever did I point a weapon at myself or anybody else.....

A friend of me is a state police. He trains and told me he is not impressed with the new recruits lately.
He let me fire his machine gun on the range, but not to many he is training.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:54 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
Here's what I'm wondering. Why wasn't the cop charged with murder? He knowingly pointed a loaded gun at someone and a bullet killed them. Second, what kind of screening does this police department do that these idiots were allowed to become cops? I mean, this kind of stupid or corruption doesn't come out of nowhere.

Also, as a final note, the woman who was killed was a military veteran, and IIRC she served in Afghanistan. I've known at ton of vets, and I can't imagine ANY of them doing something this buttplug stupid, not even the suicidal ones. So is it possible, he was trying to intimidate her about something and the other guy was like "I don't want any part of this" and the gun went off?

Old 01-27-2019, 05:18 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Here's what I'm wondering. Why wasn't the cop charged with murder? He knowingly pointed a loaded gun at someone and a bullet killed them. Second, what kind of screening does this police department do that these idiots were allowed to become cops? I mean, this kind of stupid or corruption doesn't come out of nowhere.

Also, as a final note, the woman who was killed was a military veteran, and IIRC she served in Afghanistan. I've known at ton of vets, and I can't imagine ANY of them doing something this buttplug stupid, not even the suicidal ones. So is it possible, he was trying to intimidate her about something and the other guy was like "I don't want any part of this" and the gun went off?
I don't believe for a second the part of their story where the victim grabbed the gun and pointed it at the killer and pulled the trigger. I'd bet my life that part of the story did not happen. As for the rest of the story it's way more believable, but that's not saying much.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
I agree with the sentiment of those that say this story makes no sense. It doesn't. It's insane. The only thing is that no other alternative makes sense either. Most if not all of them makes less sense than the official version. I could see cops going to roll call and then immediately slipping home for a few minutes or longer. Folks have asked what Alix was doing out that late at a man's house. Maybe the three of them (or just one of the male cops) had been out before shift started. Maybe she was having an affair with one of them. Hell, maybe both of them.

So I can actually see it happening the way it was described. People really can be that stupid. It doesn't make sense that the one not shooting would just leave and not want to be a part of it. He's a cop. He's supposed to stop things like that. It makes no sense that the cops shooting each other would keep shooting each other. Above that, it also makes no sense that no one was spinning the chamber after each failed shot. Not doing that pretty much makes this a quick game in which there are no winners.

But it actually makes more sense than this being a murder plot for all the reasons others have already stated. Even if it goes down exactly as planned and they get away with it, the shooter and maybe the partner has to leave the police force and it unhirable as an officer anywhere else as a cop.

I'd say they had to be either drunk or on drugs besides being dumb as bricks.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:25 PM

2,955 posts, read 1,412,392 times
I hope they all were on drugs or drunk, because it's too frightening to imagine sober people, cops no less, playing this "game".

Old 01-27-2019, 06:33 PM

10,019 posts, read 8,632,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
I hope they all were on drugs or drunk, because it's too frightening to imagine sober people, cops no less, playing this "game".
Even more frightening to imagine cops on drugs while they are on duty.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 PM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corydon View Post
When I was in my twenties I did really stupid things. But never ever did I point a weapon at myself or anybody else.....

A friend of me is a state police. He trains and told me he is not impressed with the new recruits lately.
He let me fire his machine gun on the range, but not to many he is training.
My nephew in the Marines felt the same way. He took it very seriously and as an honor to serve and was dissapointed in the attitudes of some of the other recruits. I think that sense of honor and duty is gone and now it’s just seen as a stable and good job you can get without college. I think those kids who wanted to be cops from the time they were kids are not there as much anymore.

I am not saying most young cops fit that description btw, there are many that do honor to the uniform.

Old 01-27-2019, 06:49 PM

50,772 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I don't believe for a second the part of their story where the victim grabbed the gun and pointed it at the killer and pulled the trigger. I'd bet my life that part of the story did not happen. As for the rest of the story it's way more believable, but that's not saying much.
The dtiry didn’t say she grabbed it, they were taking turns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events