Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2019, 03:03 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,158,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
So many ignorant people here who think they know everything about obesity. I can give my own example of wrong they can be. I was always a very slender person until I had to begin taking meds for a life threatening condition. One of those meds was Prednisone a drug that often causes tremendous weight gain. My weight went up fifty pounds almost overnight. No matter how much or how little I ate everything caused the weight gain. Not everyone reacts this way but many do. I was one of the unfortunate ones whose metabolism never returned to normal so I kept gaining even when I was off the drug.

I was able to lose some of the weight I gained but never all. At one time I had a problem with airline seats but not so bad as overweight people do today because seats used to be larger. Today I am okay but I can see the difference in seat sizes.

So maybe if people are overweight they should buy an extra seat but they shouldn’t automatically be blamed for their size. No one really knows how they got there.
Fine, everyone knows there are health and medical reasons ..we get that. for the majority HAVE A SALAD ONCE IN A WHILE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 03:06 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You need to listen closer. After she gets up and is being sent to a new seat, several passengers are reprimanding her for being rude, and she looked at one and said "why don't you go sit between those two big pigs". At that point the black woman said "***** kiss my fat ass".

Nice omission that before she even got up the same black woman said "I will not be verbally abused by this b#t(h or anyone else".

Old 01-30-2019, 03:35 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Nice omission that before she even got up the same black woman said "I will not be verbally abused by this b#t(h or anyone else".
Yup she did, and I pointed that out earlier, in post #104.

In the post you quoted, I did not omit anything. I was responding to the poster that suggested that the woman never used the words “two big pigs”.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Maybe the airlines should charge by the pound, or put a surcharge on for each pound over a certain weight. That could include all the extra crap they bring on board.

This whole topic demonstrates why I dont fly.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:57 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Maybe the airlines should charge by the pound, or put a surcharge on for each pound over a certain weight. That could include all the extra crap they bring on board.

This whole topic demonstrates why I dont fly.
I used to enjoy it but for reasons of motion sickness I do not. People love having me on trips because I always drive - I cannot stand to passenger, even in the front seat, for very long.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:09 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
I went back, watched the video and heard the woman referring to the passengers as 'pigs' although I didn't hear it the first time.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:10 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Fine, everyone knows there are health and medical reasons ..we get that. for the majority HAVE A SALAD ONCE IN A WHILE
Weight loss isn't an easy feat, especially when you have certain factors working against you... and you might think that describes the minority, but I'd guess it is actually the majority. Do you really think anyone would be fat if the solution was simply to "have a salad once in a while?" Doubt it.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I went back, watched the video and heard the woman referring to the passengers as 'pigs' although I didn't hear it the first time.
That was after she was called a *****.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:19 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Weight loss isn't an easy feat, especially when you have certain factors working against you... and you might think that describes the minority, but I'd guess it is actually the majority. Do you really think anyone would be fat if the solution was simply to "have a salad once in a while?" Doubt it.
Most morbidly obese people eat diets that are atrociously unhealthy. That's the facts, but this still isn't about the condition they are in, it's the seat they put between them for somebody else to end up.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:31 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
That was after she was called a *****.
The fat lady called the blonde lady a *****, because the blonde lady is, in fact, a *****. It's good to be un-PC and not libtaaarded, and tell it like it is to *****'s faces.

Amirite, City Data tough guy peanut gallery?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events