Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 12:03 PM

10,004 posts, read 11,108,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Oh, dear God.

I'm not taking Prednisone, but I could certainly be considered obese. Yes, I need to exercise. Why don't I? Because I have pain that makes exercise all but impossible. Cut down on what I eat? Sure, could do that, too. How much less do you want that to be? I eat two meals a day now and they're about half what a regular person eats. Bottom line is, I could fast 4 days a week and still not lose weight.

Believe it or not, some people just have a low metabolism and aren't in a situation where they can work out like The Rock every day. Some people are just going to have weight problems and the rest of you need to accept that. Besides, doesn't you get tired of working a second job as a judge all day and all night?
We can accept it..AS LONG AS YOU DON'T USE BOTH ARMRESTS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 12:29 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,107,660 times
The video doesn't fully show the two large passenger's size. Scroll down this link and see the two of them together. It's a simple matter of physics. These two passengers, especially the man, were way too large for the seats:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...assengers.html

Old 02-01-2019, 12:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,330,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Yep. At amusement parks, if you can't fit in the seat, you cannot ride. Only a matter of time until they start to call that prejudice, fat-shaming, and a result of MAGA or some BS.
Greece has banned tourists weighing over 220 pounds from donkey rides, due to the fact that it's caused spinal injuries to the donkeys. There was outrage over this from people who claimed it was "fat shaming". They would rather see these poor animals get crushed to death than have weight regulations or, you know, hurt anyone's feelings...

Old 02-01-2019, 12:57 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,052,981 times
Airline travel just continues to be a race to the bottom (added as I sit in a terminal, awaiting my flight).

The airline employees I meet and interact with are great - gate agents, ticketing folks, attendants. But the process and planes have gotten to the point where if it is within an eight-to-ten hour drive, I drive or take Amtrak, regardless of who is paying for it.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:00 PM

37,491 posts, read 45,786,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
The video doesn't fully show the two large passenger's size. Scroll down this link and see the two of them together. It's a simple matter of physics. These two passengers, especially the man, were way too large for the seats:

What is hilarious in that article, is that they call the blonde woman a “foul mouthed passenger”. She did not use a single foul or vulgar word. The large black woman however did, twice.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:02 PM

9,471 posts, read 9,341,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Not really fair when you pay for a ticket and then get stuck between two people who take up more than their share of space.

This^^^^

Old 02-01-2019, 01:08 PM

51,614 posts, read 25,661,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post

Good Lord.

There is no way another person could sit between these two. There would not have been room.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:17 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,330,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What is hilarious in that article, is that they call the blonde woman a “foul mouthed passenger”. She did not use a single foul or vulgar word. The large black woman however did, twice.
The airlines should have kicked off the other two passengers as well as the male passenger who intervened and was aggressively calling her names. The aggression and anger from the other passengers was simply because the blond woman used the word "squished" to describe how she felt in her seat. A person saying they feel squished isn't abusing anyone, period.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:24 PM

26,574 posts, read 36,498,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Greece has banned tourists weighing over 220 pounds from donkey rides, due to the fact that it's caused spinal injuries to the donkeys. There was outrage over this from people who claimed it was "fat shaming". They would rather see these poor animals get crushed to death than have weight regulations or, you know, hurt anyone's feelings...
A flightseeing plane in Ketchikan went down several years ago, killing everyone on board. These small planes only hold six people and have a weight limit. This particular plane was way over the limit — instead of weighing passengers prior to boarding, they simply had them write down their weight, and at least one of them obviously lied. The policy has since changed — everyone is weighed before being allowed to go on the flightseeing tour, and there's been some serious noise about that being "fat shaming." It's just too risky, though, to just take anyone's word.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:39 PM

51,614 posts, read 25,661,852 times
How could these two even fit between the arm rests?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events