Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 07:17 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Who wants to sit next to a fat person on an airplane? I wouldn't want someone oozing into my seat either.
I’d choose a fat person over someone with BO, or heavy perfume/cologne, crying babies, incessant talkers, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 07:28 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Well bless his heart!
He is a very sweet little boy, and hopefully won't turn out like the jerks on this thread... I doubt he will, since we don't raise bullies in my family. Sorry you all weren't taught these things, and even worse, still haven't outgrown the behavior by this point. It's sad, really.

Old 02-06-2019, 07:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
The whole thing happened, because she is a very nosy person, sneaking a look at and reading another passengers private mail on his phone, is not acceptable in polite society..
This. If someone is looking over my shoulder and snooping into my phone, I will deliberately type something offensive about them so they can read it.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:02 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,585 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This. If someone is looking over my shoulder and snooping into my phone, I will deliberately type something offensive about them so they can read it.
Really? If I realize someone is overhearing a conversation I'm having, or reading a text I'm composing, that is negative, I would try to soften it and say positive things. To mitigate the negative.

Old 02-06-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Really? If I realize someone is overhearing a conversation I'm having, or reading a text I'm composing, that is negative, I would try to soften it and say positive things. To mitigate the negative.
That's very nice of you.

However, I don't allow others to snoop into my private conversations and if they do so, they might get a big dose of something very unpleasant and "negative".

My best advice to everyone is, don't read other people's text messages if you don't know them.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:36 PM

2,709 posts, read 2,280,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
He is a very sweet little boy, and hopefully won't turn out like the jerks on this thread... I doubt he will, since we don't raise bullies in my family. Sorry you all weren't taught these things, and even worse, still haven't outgrown the behavior by this point. It's sad, really.
Well, bless your heart, too!

Old 02-07-2019, 07:41 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What if three overweight people like her had to sit three in a row?
I suppose the plane might veer to the left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
IMO fat people should get wider seats, but have to pay more for their tickets, since they weigh more.
IMO, fat people should stop eating until they are normal sized.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:47 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,639,469 times
America is obese. Even so-called normal today is different from normal of past decades.

"A size 8 dress today is nearly the equivalent of a size 16 dress in 1958," according to the Washington Post. "And a size 8 dress of 1958 doesn't even have a modern-day equivalent—the waist and bust measurements of a Mad Men-era size 8 come in smaller than today's size 00."
  • Fat people need to lose weight.
  • Normal-sized people need to lose weight.
  • Most thin people need to lose weight.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:51 AM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
What’s the point to this? And why would a stranger look over your shoulder on a plane - and care what you are typing anyway?

Old 02-07-2019, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
What’s the point to this? And why would a stranger look over your shoulder on a plane - and care what you are typing anyway?
Do you realize what this thead is about? Because that's exactly what happened in this story. She was reading a stranger's text messages. Which she admitted to. Yet, you seem to believe this doesn't happen. Go back and read the link that is presented in the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events