Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 02:57 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,555,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The matter was referred to the local coroner. The coroner ruled it an accident.
A coroner is not going to be able to tell if a person who died from being run over was on accident or on purpose. I agree that this story does have a stink to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 04:09 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
A coroner is not going to be able to tell if a person who died from being run over was on accident or on purpose. I agree that this story does have a stink to it.

From the local newspaper:

Northampton County Coroner Zach Lysek previously said the crash was being investigated as a suspicious death, but there is nothing that leads him to believe there was any type of domestic issue involved in the incident.

The incident was investigated by the Palmer Township Police Department and Northampton County Coroner’s Office, and the case is closed, police Detective Jim Alercia said.

Old 02-22-2019, 05:15 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,270,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Because that takes physical effort, and it's easier to put the responsibility onto technology. Too bad when that technology isn't good enough, or fails altogether.
Backup cameras are great...pretty much standard now and will be 100% standard within
a couple of years. Have it on my 2018 Honda CRV...soon, I predict, there will be multiple
cameras and sensors all around every vehicle.

Old 02-23-2019, 07:50 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
You said a mouthful. There are so many unanswered questions here.

I dispute the idea that someday there will be no accidents. All cars have seatbelts as part of their standard equipment, but we can all think of somebody who got killed by not using one.

But I can't be the only one here who immediately thought that this guy offed his wife on purpose. If she is an average-sized adult he should have looked to see where she was before he hit the gas, and if he couldn't see her he should have stuck his head out the window and looked for her. I'm sure the investigation is ongoing and more will come out. But from where I stand now...
I didn't.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:13 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,091,366 times
I'm sure it was an "accident"...

Old 02-25-2019, 07:54 PM

11 posts, read 5,745 times
Even if cars have the back up cameras, you can't always rely on them. I always look over my shoulders no matter what.

Old 02-27-2019, 02:41 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,674,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I'm sure it was an "accident"...
I have a hard time imagining that he realized she fell behind the the car and thought, "Here's my chance to kill her without being charged with murder." It seems quite far-fetched to me that he'd been waiting for some "perfect opportunity" to kill her "accidentally."

Old 02-27-2019, 04:14 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
I have a hard time imagining that he realized she fell behind the the car and thought, "Here's my chance to kill her without being charged with murder." It seems quite far-fetched to me that he'd been waiting for some "perfect opportunity" to kill her "accidentally."

Not to be argumentative, but no one saw her fall. At least not that I've read.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:27 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Not to be argumentative, but no one saw her fall. At least not that I've read.
Right.

He could easily have just backed up when she was walking behind the car to go around it. On purpose.

How likely is it that she would fall DIRECTLY behind the car.

How likely is it that you have just had a passenger get out, you saw them walk behind the car to go around it, and you then backed up BEFORE you saw them come around the side?

Cmon now.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
I'm not understanding the story. She got out of the car, apparently walked away from the car, then walked back towards the car and fell at which point the husband backed over her as he was leaving.
Why did she get out of the car if he was leaving?
Why did she walk away from the car towards the street?
Why did she walk back towards the car?
The only scenario that makes any sense is the went someplace together, he had another errand to run and she didn't want to go, he dropped her off in the driveway and left again, not noticing that she had fallen behind the vehicle. If that's the case, why did she walk behind the vehicle towards the street - did she get the mail maybe? If that's the case why the hell wasn't he aware of her doing that?
I don't get it.
Saw this afer I posted.

Stated it way better than I did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events