Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 06:13 PM

15,487 posts, read 9,167,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Wow. So now the cops are to blame for the child's death? It's clearly solely the fault of the father... and where was the mother at during this situation?
If the cops didn't attempt to pull him over, what would have happened to the girl? If the cops had called off the chase rather than endangering everyone on the road over a simple speeding infraction, what would have happened to the girl? Nothing, she would have gotten home safely.

Thousands of people are killed every year, when police engage in this type of activity. Usually it's an innocent motorist who gets T-boned in an intersection by a suspect running from the police. All in the name of safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 08:35 PM

17,435 posts, read 15,575,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
If the cops didn't attempt to pull him over, what would have happened to the girl? If the cops had called off the chase rather than endangering everyone on the road over a simple speeding infraction, what would have happened to the girl? Nothing, she would have gotten home safely.

Thousands of people are killed every year, when police engage in this type of activity. Usually it's an innocent motorist who gets T-boned in an intersection by a suspect running from the police. All in the name of safety.
Eh... I'd agree with you if the dude weren't well over the speed limit to begin with.
I am highly against high speed pursuits, and I believe in many areas they aren't allowed -- although cops normally get away with it anyway. (I had a HS friend who was left a vegetable after a cop rear ended him (at a red light, in a turning lane) while travelling at some 90mph without his siren on -- unforgivable)

But this guy was already driving well over the speed limit. Engaging him in a high speed pursuit over a bench warrant would be ridiculous. This was not the case here.

Old 04-22-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Eh... I'd agree with you if the dude weren't well over the speed limit to begin with.
I am highly against high speed pursuits, and I believe in many areas they aren't allowed -- although cops normally get away with it anyway. (I had a HS friend who was left a vegetable after a cop rear ended him (at a red light, in a turning lane) while travelling at some 90mph without his siren on -- unforgivable)

But this guy was already driving well over the speed limit. Engaging him in a high speed pursuit over a bench warrant would be ridiculous. This was not the case here.
He was driving 67 mph on a six lane highway through an undeveloped area. That would be well under the speed limit for that type of road in many states. It's a good bet that he speed up to over 100 mph after the red and blue lights went on.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:03 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,687,162 times
The car caught fire after he fled, had he not gotten pulled over it still would have caught fire when he was driving.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
The car caught fire after he fled, had he not gotten pulled over it still would have caught fire when he was driving.
Probably not. I'm pretty sure the car fire was related to the chase. It was not just a coincidence. But even if it was, and the car caught fire while he was driving home, he would not have had any reason to jump out and leave his daughter in the burning car.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:14 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
Quote:
Probably not. I'm pretty sure the car fire was related to the chase. It was not just a coincidence. But even if it was, and the car caught fire while he was driving home, he would not have had any reason to jump out and leave his daughter in the burning car.
You know this how??? That pos could very well have left the kid to burn alive cops or no cops.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:18 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,568,184 times
Sickening!! Not going back to jail was obviously more important to him than saving his daughter from burning to death in the car.

It's people like this who deserve CAPITAL PUNISHMENT! Guilty beyond any doubt.

May you ROT IN HELL Imhotep Osiris Norman!!!

Old 04-23-2019, 10:20 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,568,184 times
Quote:

So just let him go to sell his drugs and kill how many other people with overdoses? Give your head a shake.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
So just let him go to sell his drugs and kill how many other people with overdoses? Give your head a shake.
So killing the girl was fine, because not doing so, could possibly result in some future overdose deaths? Which will happen anyway, because the users will just find a new supplier. So now you have overdose deaths and car chase deaths. Your attitude is the reason we are still fighting and losing the 50 year old War on Drugs.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:16 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,243,252 times
I have to shake MY head about this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events