Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 07:53 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,590,206 times

Advertisements

These young kids just don't have the maturity to handle a machine that is capable of this kind of speed. A friend of mine told me a few years ago that a kid was killed on one of these flying through a neighborhood and when he hit a car his bloody sock was found hanging from his girlfriends house's gutter.

https://www.kmov.com/news/it-s-tragi...71b0e5477.html

Old 05-20-2019, 09:04 PM

18,005 posts, read 15,691,873 times
This is a 900 Ninja 0-60 in 3 sec This is a GSXR 750 0-60 in 2.8 sec This is a 900CBR 0-60 in 2.5 sec.

This is a California Redwood tree. 60-0 in 0 flat

Old 05-20-2019, 09:10 PM

1,900 posts, read 2,552,077 times
I'll just be blunt and say I'm glad this lowlife is dead. Someone like this has no business operating a vehicle around other people. This a such a blatant, selfish disregard for human life, they don't deserve to live. Now that he's dead, that's one less person I need to worry about who has zero regard for anyone's life. And if one argue's that it was just a motorcycle and was smaller therefore he only endangered himself, they are wrong. He could have killed a pedestrian or even someone in a vehicle, given how fast he was going. I have nothing against his family and friends, but if you endanger the lives of innocent people like this, I want you dead so you don't pose a threat anymore.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:24 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 5 days ago)

35,928 posts, read 18,217,899 times
Young men have always died from driving dangerously fast, whether it was a motorcycle, a car, or a horse.

Other than that, young men have taken other crazy risks that caused their early deaths.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 5 days ago)

35,928 posts, read 18,217,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
I'll just be blunt and say I'm glad this lowlife is dead. Someone like this has no business operating a vehicle around other people. This a such a blatant, selfish disregard for human life, they don't deserve to live. Now that he's dead, that's one less person I need to worry about who has zero regard for anyone's life. And if one argue's that it was just a motorcycle and was smaller therefore he only endangered himself, they are wrong. He could have killed a pedestrian or even someone in a vehicle, given how fast he was going. I have nothing against his family and friends, but if you endanger the lives of innocent people like this, I want you dead so you don't pose a threat anymore.
That is really, exceptionally cold. It's beyond "blunt". I hope his family - whoever they are - don't read your post.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:39 PM

3,714 posts, read 2,446,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
I feel the same way.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:50 PM

8,911 posts, read 4,633,106 times
My condolences to his family and close friends. May he RIP

Old 05-20-2019, 10:57 PM

15,567 posts, read 9,232,111 times
I seriously doubt he was going 170 mph. That damage is just not consistent with a speed that great. They are basing the speed on the fact that the speedometer on the motorcycle, was pegged and stopped all the way at 170 mph. That is a classic example of a busted speedometer.

170 mph is racing speed. I've seen crash photos and videos of motorcycles that crashed at speeds over 150 mph. A motorcycle does not stop quick at that speed, even if it hits something. Typically the bike will just start tumbling and keep tumbling for some distance, until it disintegrates, and is reduced down to individual small parts. Without getting too graphic, the same is generally true for the rider. I see no evidence of that in this crash. This bike appears to have still been completely intact after the crash. I would guess his speed was about 70 or 80 mph. Which was still too fast, and the rider paid the price.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:25 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,118,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
I seriously doubt he was going 170 mph. That damage is just not consistent with a speed that great. They are basing the speed on the fact that the speedometer on the motorcycle, was pegged and stopped all the way at 170 mph. That is a classic example of a busted speedometer.

170 mph is racing speed. I've seen crash photos and videos of motorcycles that crashed at speeds over 150 mph. A motorcycle does not stop quick at that speed, even if it hits something. Typically the bike will just start tumbling and keep tumbling for some distance, until it disintegrates, and is reduced down to individual small parts. Without getting too graphic, the same is generally true for the rider. I see no evidence of that in this crash. This bike appears to have still been completely intact after the crash. I would guess his speed was about 70 or 80 mph. Which was still too fast, and the rider paid the price.
This ^^

If the photo is any indication, it definitely wasn't going that fast.

Maybe the previous posters who were elated by his death can now consider their own personality disorders.

Old 05-21-2019, 12:35 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,152,936 times
Every time I see these kids whizzing past me, weaving in & out of traffic, I can't help but wonder what their mothers would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events