Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 08:50 PM

9,908 posts, read 9,581,430 times

Advertisements

So one of the articles says a GoFraudMe raised like over $8,400 .. this might be the money stated in the article that she will use to travel to meet football players.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 01:11 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Where can I sign up my 17 yr old kid for free food? He's drivin' me to the poor-house!
Applying for Free and Reduced Price School Meals _ USDA-FNS

Old 05-30-2019, 02:34 AM

30,613 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Good that she was fired. Now jail her behind for fraud and theft!

Old 05-30-2019, 02:57 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,182,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
He brought his lunch to school every day, so he didn't need the "free" lunch.

The district policy is that no one goes without a lunch, even if their lunch account is empty. Bonnie had been sneaking food to this 17 year old even though he brought his own lunch every day, according to his mother. Bonnie even got the 17 year old to agree not to tell anyone else she was doing this.

You have to wonder why. I sure do. It almost sounds like she was grooming him.
Or maybe Mommy's story is as much BS as the cafeteria worker's was. Clearly everyone in town would know who she was and she would desperate to keep her Mommy image free of any tarnish.

Wouldn't bet a penny on either one telling the truth.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:18 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Or maybe Mommy's story is as much BS as the cafeteria worker's was. Clearly everyone in town would know who she was and she would desperate to keep her Mommy image free of any tarnish.

Wouldn't bet a penny on either one telling the truth.
Bingo. What else does anybody expect the mother to say? Is she going to come out and admit to not giving her son lunch money? Of course not. She is going to blame who ever she can. Ultimately the buck stops with her. The fact is, her son was begging food from the lunch lady. That is a red flag.

Old 05-30-2019, 05:18 AM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
Ack. I thought it was going to add ". . . fired for feeding a student . . . to a crocodile."

Old 05-30-2019, 07:33 AM

4,991 posts, read 5,283,788 times
I don't know what to believe. There is still the possibility that the lunch lady was just simply trying to get the kid more food. We don't know what was going on with mom (and dad???).

I've seen some parents who have plenty of money be pretty controlling with food. It may be done with good intentions or there may be something else going on. An example I have see is I had neighbor kids who always came over to my house and begged food. The parents are financially well off. The kids weren't underfed. I think the mom was 1.) tired of cooking and 2.) trying to put them on a diet. Mom and dad are both anal about a clean house so they made them go outside to play even in 90-100+ degree temperatures. The kids hated it outside so they would come to my house and my husband didn't want me to turn them away. They drove me nuts. I would shop for groceries, but be out of food a day or two later. I wasn't big on junk food, but I buy a variety of food and was trying new healthy and kid family recipes. These girls were big eaters and liked my cooking. There was nothing I could say was abusive in their situation, but there were definite control issues.

Old 05-30-2019, 10:33 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,514,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
If the student's mother is telling the truth, that the boy is well fed and that she is providing him with lunches, then why was he begging free food from the lunch lady? Apparently the boy and his mother have differing opinions on what well fed is.
You must not have kids. When my son was younger, he never passed up food. Never. He could eat a good meal at home, then go to a family members house or a friends and have them convinced he had not eaten all day.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:24 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
You must not have kids. When my son was younger, he never passed up food. Never. He could eat a good meal at home, then go to a family members house or a friends and have them convinced he had not eaten all day.

I agree. My daughter had her Sunday school teacher thinking that she never got breakfast on Sundays. She would eat breakfast at home before mass and again after Sunday school when a $4 breakfast was available. She told the teacher she was starving and got a second free breakfast. She did this four or five times before I was informed.

Last edited by Praline; 05-30-2019 at 12:36 PM..

Old 05-30-2019, 12:58 PM

774 posts, read 744,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
If the student's mother is telling the truth, that the boy is well fed and that she is providing him with lunches, then why was he begging free food from the lunch lady? Apparently the boy and his mother have differing opinions on what well fed is.

The way I see it, students are required by law to be in school. Studies show that students who are not well fed, do not learn as well. The Government is already providing free lunches for half the kids in this country. Can't we just accept the cost of meals as part of the cost of educating students, and make free breakfasts and free lunches standard for all kids? That would eliminate the stigma of free lunches, as well as other problems, such as this one.

As long as any able bodied parents that are not contributing their part in taxes are required to work in the cafeteria to offset the cost. I'm really not a fan of adding yet another freebie out to people who believe it is just another thing they at entitled to because they breath, have no shame nor gratitude for the assistance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events