Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 05:12 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,882,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm thinking that was the real culprit. She probably didn't get along with the in-laws, and was going to do this to annoy them or embarrass them, but instead she embarrassed herself.
Dude! That is a huge stretch from little info to come to such a broad conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 05:54 PM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Dude! That is a huge stretch from little info to come to such a broad conclusion.
Not really. Think about it dude, we have a woman with an infant baby and her in-laws, and they happen to be in first class while she is back in coach. That whole arrangement smells kind of fishy.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:13 PM

7,348 posts, read 4,134,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If we don’t know the answers to these questions how could we possibly know whether she is entitled?

People are really so judgmental.
Simply, we know she used social media to shame Delta shows entitlement.

Quote:
On Wednesday Ms Anfang took to social media to share her experiences onboard her flight from France. She wrote: 'Hey @delta the outlets in the bathroom not working so can't pump except at my seat in front of strangers. 'Tried alternative but you won't let me sit in my in laws' first class seat to do it privately.'
Listen, she could have posted 'FYI, bring a non-electric pump when flying. LOL"

But she didn't because she wanted Delta to apologize.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
[speaking to the gentleman seated next to her]

"Excuse me, sir, but I need your help. I have a little problem here. My baby is fast asleep, and, well, I need someone to relieve me, if you know what I mean?"
Gross, no.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:05 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Simply, we know she used social media to shame Delta shows entitlement.

Listen, she could have posted 'FYI, bring a non-electric pump when flying. LOL"

But she didn't because she wanted Delta to apologize.
How and why? That is a ridiculous statement. Does she really JUST want Delta to apologize, or does she want them to be more clear for future women in her position or try to maybe be more accommodating overall? Or she just wanted to share her story so people are aware of what happened with her so they know what not to do or to avoid?

People love to accuse people of being entitled these days. Maybe Delta isn't clear enough and should clarify the website it goes out of its way to create, to tell breastfeeding women - who are welcomed by the airline - what is and is not acceptable or possible on their flights? Or am I just entitled for thinking that?

Like I said earlier, people are so judgmental. I think "entitled" has lost its meaning, it's thrown around so much.

Not only are people in this thread shaming this woman for many of her choices, they are assuming ridiculous things about her that are suggested nowhere in the badly written article.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:26 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
So maybe the outlets in first class would not have worked either. I take a medical device for my asthma with me that is not always compatible with airline outlets, that's why it has a battery pack. I would think one could buy battery operated breast pumps as well.

They did find a solution for her. Sounds to me she's just griping because she wasn't allowed to sit in first class where she probably would have wanted to remain even after she pumped.
Most likely they offered to let her sit in the stewardess/steward seats at the back or front of the plane. Quiet and more private. But she wanted to sit in first class, and probably linger there.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Being a doc is irrelevant.

I am also someone who has little patience for people who don't prepare and then get bent when people don't accommodate them.

In a plane that big, even using the restroom for as long as it would have taken to pump was pretty rude.

She should have bought a first class ticket.

That being said, even if I did not know her, I would have offered my seat. Or helped create a privacy barrier.
First class seats dont have the outlets for it either. So she isnt telling the truth about why the bathroom wouldnt work. Unless she had both a plug in and battery operated pump, or maual pump, and was just trying the "bathroom outlet" excuse first, then the "privacy" excuse.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Not going to comment here on the actual breastfeeding issue as I'm not a woman.

I do think it is strange though that the airline would not allow her to sit in her in-laws FC seat, just because she was a coach passenger.

If I purchase a FC seat on a plane, and then decide to give my seat to say, a veteran or a cancer patient or someone with a broken leg, so that they will be more comfortable on the flight, and I take their coach seat... what is wrong with that???

I paid for the seat; I should be able to give it away if I want.
Re Delta/other airlines that have assigned seating...They normally need seat changes documented before departing the gate in case the plane crashed, so you know who was where. Or if a passenger became a threat, the flight attendant will tell the pilot seat 32 C and the pilot relays it to ops, and they can determine who it is, police can do criminal check, etc

Old 06-05-2019, 11:45 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,325,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Since people missed my answer the first time, some babies are very bad at breastfeeding and need expressed breast milk (EBM) instead. I had one of those, and he would literally be dead if he had needed to survive solely on the food he got via nursing. He was severely underweight as it was, and I had to supplement with EBM and formula.

I have no idea if that's the situation here, but it's not that unusual. Despite what some people assume, a lot of the time, breastfeeding doesn't always come naturally or easily for the baby, the mother or sometimes both.
The main reason there are difficulties with breastfeeding is that when a baby is given a bottle- it is so much easier for the baby to drink from the bottle - some babies then would not work hard enough to nurse naturally.
Bottle feeding has a lot of other issues- babies prone to ear infections, etc,etc
Sometimes babies refuse mother’s milk due to the unacceptable for baby food the mother was eating that day.

The key is not to give the baby a bottle until they learn to breastfeed or better never, but then how can we sell breast pumps?

Another problem that women in US has no maternity leave as the US has no labor legislation for all workers like they have in developed and even developing countries.
So motgers need to leave milk for babies, but in this case she did not need to do it on the flight.

If she had too much milk she could have just dispose it in the bathroom without a pump( she was ignorant enough to not realize the difference in electrical plugs and did not have an electric adapter with her- they sell them at the airports and I guess was offered to her by the crew to help her out)

The woman in this case is wrong with her sense of entitlement.

Last edited by Nik4me; 06-05-2019 at 11:55 PM..

Old 06-06-2019, 03:12 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I like how she stated "she decided to move". Hey, next time I go to a sports game I'm going to just decide to move up front too. And see how well that works out.
just my thoughts exactly..........oh that seat hasnt got enough leg room dammit am gonny move to first class..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events