Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2019, 07:38 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,247,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Jesus, the way you keep defending that woman makes me wonder if she is really you. Either way, she made it everyone's business the second she went crying and whining on social media about it. Either way, little miss entitlement didn't get what she wanted, and there is nothing you, or she can do about it.
Actually she did get her way, because they found her a private place to pump with a working outlet.

But while I'm of course not her, I was disgusted by the pile on here, which of course you just continued. "little miss entitlement"? seriously? Lots of vile people in this world but someone trying to feed her baby isn't one of them. I can't say the same for those who think trying to pump breastmilk is worthy of attacking someone for.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 07:48 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,822,852 times
I don't see what she's complaining about, really. It sucks that the outlets in the bathroom didn't work for her electric breast pump. Upon being declined to sit in premium seating, she should have just decided to use her manual breast pump instead.

The first quoted line irks me a bit. There's no expectation of privacy on an airplane with the exception of a bathroom or a private suite.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:42 AM

17,362 posts, read 22,123,192 times
Flew first class this weekend, didn't see any outlets around my seat!

Old 06-18-2019, 02:05 PM

6,456 posts, read 9,831,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Flew first class this weekend, didn't see any outlets around my seat!
how on earth did you pump?

Old 06-19-2019, 04:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,889,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Thank you for that.

Old 06-19-2019, 07:45 PM

17,362 posts, read 22,123,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Old school: MaMa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAxPwHXi4PM

Old 06-20-2019, 01:28 PM

253 posts, read 229,448 times
Maybe she should have either gotten first class, or not brought a 4 month old on a plane

Old 06-20-2019, 04:04 PM

10,500 posts, read 4,066,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Actually she did get her way, because they found her a private place to pump with a working outlet.

But while I'm of course not her, I was disgusted by the pile on here, which of course you just continued. "little miss entitlement"? seriously? Lots of vile people in this world but someone trying to feed her baby isn't one of them. I can't say the same for those who think trying to pump breastmilk is worthy of attacking someone for.
No she didn't. She slammed the airlines because they refused to let her into first class, That is what she says in her tweet, and the airline told her she would have never been allowed without a First Class boarding ticket. So little ms entitlement did not get what she wanted!

Old 06-22-2019, 11:41 AM

12,883 posts, read 14,012,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post

I was also blown away by the comments about her, even from early on in this thread. But I gave up, because you won't change anyone's mind unfortunately. There weren't a lot of facts given at all and idk why anyone would assume the worst rather than the better when they have absolutely nothing to base their opinions on. I think some people just like to whine about "entitled snowflakes" and "this generation" on the internet, and they'll do it any chance they get. Find a story missing info and attack, assuming the worst scenarios out of all the possible ones (like that her in-laws weren't willing to switch with her rather than that they already decided pre-flight to switch if allowed, etc.).

Many posters' comments about this woman and breastfeeding in general are disgusting, honestly.

Old 06-22-2019, 01:48 PM

4,617 posts, read 3,314,802 times
My take on these kinds of stories = no matter who initiates them - is that large companies who deal in service usually adapt to complaints and comments rather promptly. This is their business and their bread and butter, after all. When you get exceptional anecdotes like this one, usually something happened which hasn't been told, otherwise how about the hundreds of thousands of other new mothers who travel on airlines - why aren't we hearing complaints from them if the particular airline is so unfeeling toward their customers? I'm sure this person isn't the first new mother to fly on an airplane.

No, I have to take the side of the airline on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events