Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 07:02 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times

Advertisements

If she had the baby with her, why did she need to pump? Why not just breastfeed the baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 07:08 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,295,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
If she had the baby with her, why did she need to pump? Why not just breastfeed the baby?
Since she pumps, she probably has some sort of schedule. Her body will produce milk based on that schedule. She probably is also producing more milk than the baby needs. The baby can only drink a certain amount.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:30 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
Maybe she should have thought about pumping her breasts before she got on the plane? Maybe she should have brought her baby with her? Nacissistic women. Its all about me. No consideration for others.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:46 AM

924 posts, read 1,678,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pump-milk.html

So, yeah, as a guy this is definitely where women's thoughts are needed.
As a woman who breastfed, I can assure you I never would have pumped milk intended for my child or exposed equipment used for that in the bathroom of an airplane. That's disgusting. That would never have been part of my plan.

As a human, I would have consulted the airline about whether there is a suitable power source for something special that you may need on a flight. Turns out, Delta has it all spelled out on their website. https://www.delta.com/us/en/accessib...ces-medication

Powering a Medical Device
Please note, while electrical outlets are available onboard Delta aircraft, these are not made to support medical device use. We do not provide onboard sources of power for medical devices, so you must bring a source of battery power if you’re planning on bringing a device.

You must bring batteries to power your medical device
Your assistive device must have 150% of your actual flight time in battery life, regardless of how long you choose to use the item
The appropriate number of batteries should be calculated using the manufacturer’s estimate for battery life while the device is in use
You can look up the estimated departure and arrival times in My Trips, but assume it will be the time to get from departure gate to arrival gate

Old 06-04-2019, 08:00 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,941,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
The airlines are usu. very strict about allowing others into first class.

It might be best to take milk in bottles w/you for a long flight. They will allow that as an exception to the liquid rule, I've read.

Once, I was getting really dizzy sitting on a flight waiting to take off. I needed to go to the restroom to get some cool air and put my head down, but the flight attendant had the aisle blocked with her cart, passing out beverages. I waited, but it was taking forever. I was getting dizzier and nauseous. I was afraid I was going to faint or throw up. So I got up to go through 1st Class to the restroom up there. The flight attendant stopped me and told me I couldn't go there. I explained that I need some air, that I was really dizzy but the aisle was blocked the other way...she said no. And she was very rude about it.

They take 1st Class seriously and regard any attempt to go there as some sort of scam just to get into first class or maybe to steal something.

Flight attendants have gotten so rude in the last decade. What's up with that?
Handing out drinks before takeoff??? I'm guessing you mean, you started to get dizzy before take off, then got up when the plane was already in flight.

Anyway, I would think that even a mean flight attendant would accommodate a sick passenger. They can simply back up into the crew section, giving you room to get to the lavatory in back, then just go back to what they were doing. Tell them what's going on and they're not going to just ignore you and leave you to puke in some random passenger's lap.

We flew with our baby numerous times and my wife always breast fed her in flight, under a blanket. It was good for both of them, and helped the baby get through take offs and landings and changes in air pressure. I'd recommend it for anyone with a baby.

Probably that woman in the article should have brought a manual pump and done it under a blanket. Would look weird, but at least it's quiet and no outlet required. "I've decided to move to first class to use an outlet" now that's ridiculous.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:23 AM

7,364 posts, read 4,146,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

"Breast pumps are allowed on board."
All this means is a person is allowed to bring a breast pump on a plane. It does not mean the planes's electrical system will support it.

I can bring a cigar or cigarettes on a plane. However, I can not legally smoke on a plane.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:25 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I got the impression they did not let her switch seats but found an alternative. So we will never know.

"Delta's flight attendants aboard flight 413 from Nice to JFK worked directly with her to provide a number of options and found a private alternative to enable this customer to pump during the flight. "

When you board a plane, your seat is assigned. You just can't give it away or switch with someone else without asking permission from the FA.

https://medium.com/@MCSnugz/rules-fo...e-d2f52d7cc4d3
This.

They don't let you just walk up to FC and sit down. Even if she did switch with a family member.

We we fly with our kids, we make them fly coach and we fly FC. They do not let us switch seats.

And don't get me started on lap kids in FC.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:27 AM

7,364 posts, read 4,146,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
Please note, while electrical outlets are available onboard Delta aircraft, these are not made to support medical device use. We do not provide onboard sources of power for medical devices, so you must bring a source of battery power if you’re planning on bringing a device.

Your assistive device must have 150% of your actual flight time in battery life, regardless of how long you choose to use the item
The appropriate number of batteries should be calculated using the manufacturer’s estimate for battery life while the device is in use
You can look up the estimated departure and arrival times in My Trips, but assume it will be the time to get from departure gate to arrival gate
This ^^^^.

Anyway.

In my experience, it took forever to pump. I think it would be extremely rude and uncaring to take up a bathroom to pump. Other passengers need to go.

Old 06-04-2019, 09:34 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
As a woman who breastfed, I can assure you I never would have pumped milk intended for my child or exposed equipment used for that in the bathroom of an airplane. That's disgusting. That would never have been part of my plan.

As a human, I would have consulted the airline about whether there is a suitable power source for something special that you may need on a flight. Turns out, Delta has it all spelled out on their website. https://www.delta.com/us/en/accessib...ces-medication

None of those are breast pumps, and they aren't included as "medical devices" - the website discusses them in an entirely different section dealing with traveling with an infant, where it merely says that breast pumps are allowed on board, with no mention of power sources or battery power.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/children.../infant-travel

Old 06-04-2019, 09:34 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,260,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
This ^^^^.

Anyway.

In my experience, it took forever to pump. I think it would be extremely rude and uncaring to take up a bathroom to pump. Other passengers need to go.
Her profile tells you all you need to know about entitlement. Age, location, culture. Works in communications for Uber now.

https://www.mylife.com/alix-anfang/e6022581982608
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events