Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 12:54 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,178 times

Advertisements

from the article

He then replaced the controversial video with another one where he offered the same man another 20 euro bill. Spanish police also report that Ren had offered the homeless man's daughter around $330 in exchange for not filing charges against him.

After the ruling was announced, Ren published a brief statement on YouTube Sunday promising a full-length response to the rulings later this week.

"Do not believe everything the newspapers say," he wrote in the statement. "They're not completely wrong but they make things up to make people (in this case, me) look bad."

um, ya kinda made yourself look bad all on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 01:10 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,749,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
If he were actually going to prison for this? Damn right it would be excessive. What next? Lock up someone who gets tricked into doing the Bean-Boozled challenge? Life in prison for 15mph over the limit? Execution for jaywalking?
Are we talking regular jaywalking here or that super slow kind of jaywalking where they take like 30 seconds just to pass in front of your car?

Old 06-04-2019, 01:47 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Are we talking regular jaywalking here or that super slow kind of jaywalking where they take like 30 seconds just to pass in front of your car?

They may deserve to die, but not official execution.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:18 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,619 posts, read 17,948,343 times
This seems an absolutely outrageous over reach of the court. I was heartened to learn this man wasn't sentenced in the US.

Toothpaste is meant to go in your mouth.

This guy is a jerk, and I'd like to see him have to serve food at a homeless facility for a couple weekends, and then ban him from YouTube. Done.

BTW, in a youth group that I lead, one of the fun "pranks" we were instructed to play is switching out food. For example, baby pureed veal instead of pudding. Unexpected hot sauce. I never did it, seemed like the kids would stop trusting me. But it was right there in the curriculum, and the materials were provided.

How many times do you see a video of a toddler being offered a lemon? And it's all a gag.

I wonder what people who buy those hideous jelly belly flavors - vomit, skunk, etc., and put them in the candy jar should be sentenced to?

Old 06-04-2019, 02:40 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This seems an absolutely outrageous over reach of the court. I was heartened to learn this man wasn't sentenced in the US.

This guy is a jerk, and I'd like to see him have to serve food at a homeless facility for a couple weekends, and then ban him from YouTube. Done.

We're getting to the point where society is legitimately saying "Yeah, I don't understand someone getting a 20+ year sentence for pot", but still have people cheering a 15 month sentence for filling an oreo with toothpaste.

Prison should be reserved for people that society needs protection from. Can't see that guy qualifying.

I think more people are happy about it just due to the fact the guy is getting his comeuppance.. Which I do understand.. But at some point you do have to step back and say "Gee, maybe I don't need to use a bazooka to deal with that damn squirrel eating out of my birdfeeder." While I'm sure that would feel good and would deal with the squirrel.. You're probably just creating more work for yourself for that moment of satisfaction.

Old 06-04-2019, 03:02 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,955,121 times
Quote:
I wonder what people who buy those hideous jelly belly flavors - vomit, skunk, etc., and put them in the candy jar should be sentenced to?

They've already been sentenced to a lifetime of stupidity. Isn't that enough?

Old 06-04-2019, 04:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,619 posts, read 17,948,343 times
Who watched the movie Borat?

This is DEFINITELY not worse than the pranking that Borat did.

And it was made into a very successful movie.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:39 PM

7,708 posts, read 5,451,465 times
Quote:
Who watched the movie Borat?

This is DEFINITELY not worse than the pranking that Borat did.

And it was made into a very successful movie.
I don't recall Borat FEEDING people stuff that is not only not edible, but possibly dangerous.

The reason we spit out toothpaste instead of swallowing it is because it is not food and it contains ingredients we should not ingest.

https://www.poison.org/articles/2015-dec/toothpaste

Old 06-04-2019, 04:41 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
The punishment does not fit the crime. The homeless man was not injured in this prank while he was given $22 by the youtuber. He should be punished, but 15 months in prison and $22,000 is way too excessive.
I disagree. I am glad to see this disgusting human get appropriate treatment for such poor and possibly dangerous treatment of those that need help.

Old 06-04-2019, 04:45 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
Toothpaste may be "meant to go in your mouth," but most types have a couple of ingredients that are poisonous. It's not meant to be eaten.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-04-2019 at 04:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events