Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2019, 08:43 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,563,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Agree, Clara. Nothing wrong with a few “ makeover” suggestions vs. total destruction of her as a woman. In some of those UK photos you can see she does dress up, get her hair done etc. Perhaps she just really made a bad call on this day.

But having a “right” to do something certainly doesn’t mean you should do it!
Who gets to determine what she should do? Surely, the answer is obvious. She made a choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 09:28 AM

36,794 posts, read 31,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Not really. Breasts used to be private...until the last 15 years or so, when women decided to flaunt them out there for all (even other women) to see.

It is an insult to other diners to look like cr*p when dining out, even at Golden Corrall.

Agree with ClaraC's post above. There is a new breed of person--people who are "you are not going to tell me what to do" types, or bullies, or just plain trashy.
What about in the 17th and 18th centuries? Isis' Wardrobe: The bared bosom in 17th and 18th century art

Or when it was common for women to breastfeed uncovered in public.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:53 AM

15,566 posts, read 10,573,879 times
She may have been dressed tacky, but that can happen when you don't have a dress code posted. Stuff like this can be avoided, put a sign on your door warning customers.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:55 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,084,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Not really. Breasts used to be private...until the last 15 years or so, when women decided to flaunt them out there for all (even other women) to see.

It is an insult to other diners to look like cr*p when dining out, even at Golden Corrall.

Agree with ClaraC's post above. There is a new breed of person--people who are "you are not going to tell me what to do" types, or bullies, or just plain trashy.

That's not true. Look at women's fashions through out the years. Boobs have ALWAYS been well represented.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:16 AM

13,449 posts, read 15,560,324 times
Quote:
And who knows what else was exposed when she bent over at the , uh, feeding trough.

I used to be fat. It was probably the hardest thing I’ve ever had to overcome. I didn’t often pay attention to how I was dressed ( too casual but nothing revealing) because I just didn’t think it mattered. I’m grateful to the people who told me it does. And nowadays there is so much info out there, and so many clothing options.

Now I may be a bit too thin and have no desire to go back the other way. It’s a different mindset entirely. No way would I have ever been a “ fat pride” person. I was always mortified by my weight.

It is good on this woman that she is holding her own. But posting on social media and whining?

This kind of stuff reminds me of the crappy singers who go on those talent shows and for some reason expect to win and become famous. Sorry, there are standards. Whine all you want. Unfortunately (for some) this applies to most areas of life.

Implied shame for being female? When was the last time you saw an obese guy in a crop top whose junk fell ot when he bent over?
That's sad that you apparently tie your worth to your weight. I was never "mortified" by being overweight. Like you, I was formerly obese. While I wasn't "fat pride", I was happy, content and definitely didn't tie my value and attractiveness to my weight. I am not happier now because I am 70 lbs lighter. I lost because of health problems, plain and simple. Everything else (lean figure, clothing, etc.) is gravy.

I didn't need people to tell me anything. I lost weight when I felt that it was the right time to lose.

Old 06-07-2019, 10:25 AM

10,035 posts, read 8,713,408 times
She had no intention to flirt
Only wanted to wear her shirt
But they made her seem brash
Now the shirt's in the trash
Her feelings a little bit hurt

Old 06-07-2019, 11:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,629,434 times
Quote:
Woman says she was kicked out of Golden Corral because of her crop top: 'I never wanna wear that shirt again'

Seems to me that ugly people should go for maximum coverage instead of "letting it all hang out."

Old 06-07-2019, 11:52 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,439,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
That's sad that you apparently tie your worth to your weight. I was never "mortified" by being overweight. Like you, I was formerly obese. While I wasn't "fat pride", I was happy, content and definitely didn't tie my value and attractiveness to my weight. I am not happier now because I am 70 lbs lighter. I lost because of health problems, plain and simple. Everything else (lean figure, clothing, etc.) is gravy.

I didn't need people to tell me anything. I lost weight when I felt that it was the right time to lose.
I didn’t tie it to my “worth” as a person. I just hated it! It was uncomfortable. I’m a singer and my photos looked like crap. Being “mortified” doesn’t mean I felt worthless. It was just damned ugly, like wearing crappy clothes. I carry my weight around my middle and it was like carrying a tire around.

Im grateful to the people who suggested I dress better, etc. That’s just life. I am happier as a thin person. Skinny pride!!!

Old 06-07-2019, 11:55 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,084,394 times
Quote:
I didn’t tie it to my “worth” as a person. I just hated it! It was uncomfortable. I’m a singer and my photos looked like crap. Being “mortified” doesn’t mean I felt worthless. It was just damned ugly, like wearing crappy clothes.

And how would you have felt if you were told a customer complained about you, and you needed to cover up or leave?

Old 06-07-2019, 11:59 AM

29,783 posts, read 34,555,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Seems to me that ugly people should go for maximum coverage instead of "letting it all hang out."

Who gets to be the ugly police? The woman in question wore that outfit because her husband said she looked cute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events