Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2019, 04:10 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,602,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You don't have to think she's pretty. You don't have to think she's well dressed. But it really shouldn't be yours, or anyone else's decision on whether or not she gets to dine in a casual family style restaurant with no stated dress code, simply because you, or anyone else doesn't approve of it. That's all we're trying to say.
I think Golden Corral gets to make the call.

And she was over the line even for them.

Even GC has "standards", it appears.

And that gal just couldn't measure up.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,810,243 times
When I finally had one open in my city, I was pleased, then awed. I never knew there were so many 400+ lb mammoths in this city!

Old 06-07-2019, 05:40 PM

32,701 posts, read 48,250,531 times
My only conclusion is that there must be a lot of people in this country that don't own a full length mirror.

We have no idea what happened. All we have is the version of a victim trying to drum up some public outrage. For all we know, her top really had nothing to do with it and she is just assuming and the resaurant is too polite to say why, so they don't embarrass her any further.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,393,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

But what does that mean...that you don't want a man or woman sitting in a chair with whatever hanging out? Why should other diners--or the world-- care what you do or don't want with respect to other diners in a restaurant?

I'm not familiar with this particular restaurant, but if they have a dress code which wasn't met by the diner, that's between her and the manager.

Eat your damn food, and don't look at her.
Believe it or not, there used to be a standard of decorum and dignity. Sadly so many of our citizens don’t practice that. It’s too bad, because our country is now and will continue to go downhill as a society.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:05 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,558,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Woman says she was kicked out of Golden Corral because of her crop top: 'I never wanna wear that shirt again'
Then everybody wins!

Old 06-07-2019, 08:34 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,868,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Believe it or not, there used to be a standard of decorum and dignity. Sadly so many of our citizens don’t practice that. It’s too bad, because our country is now and will continue to go downhill as a society.

Since this is the second time you've quoted and commented on that particular post of mine, allow me:

Yours is not a singularly astute observation about today's Jerry Springer society. That, however, is not the point here, and doesn't address the pure gall of someone thinking or saying, I don't want to see [insert description of offending spillage at an eatery], then complaining so that the person is thrown out.

Someone else's manner of dress should have no impact on your life--or dining experience. And if the country goes downhill, it'll more likely be because of officious, finger-wagging busybodies minding everyone else's business.

Life's tough. Get a helmet. And MYOB.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:50 PM

37,716 posts, read 46,149,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think Golden Corral gets to make the call.

And she was over the line even for them.

Even GC has "standards", it appears.

That's fake news.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,393,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Since this is the second time you've quoted and commented on that particular post of mine, allow me:

Yours is not a singularly astute observation about today's Jerry Springer society. That, however, is not the point here, and doesn't address the pure gall of someone thinking or saying, I don't want to see [insert description of offending spillage at an eatery], then complaining so that the person is thrown out.

Someone else's manner of dress should have no impact on your life--or dining experience. And if the country goes downhill, it'll more likely be because of officious, finger-wagging busybodies minding everyone else's business.

Life's tough. Get a helmet. And MYOB.
Wow, I must have rocked something close to your self-identity!

That woman in that outfit was a spoiled brat who thinks she could do whatever she wants, when and where she wants. Part of what’s wrong with our country today is that peeps like her think they don’t have to follow the rules or behave in a decent manner. And I have the perfect right to think they and others who act like ignoramuses are a detriment to society in general.

Did some other diner complain about that trashy woman? I thought it was just the manager who didn’t think she was dressed appropriately? If I am correct, then why are you being so thin-skinned.

CD is a forum for opinions and ideas. Like President Harry Truman once said, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.”

Last edited by staywarm2; 06-07-2019 at 09:29 PM..

Old 06-08-2019, 02:35 AM

27,332 posts, read 13,588,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I realize it's a Golden Corral, but whatever happened to people dressing and acting with some measure of dignity and decency in public?

And, of course, whine on social media about your perceived slights.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...230309684.html
I wasn't aware you even could get kicked out of the Golden Corral.

Soime of these type of places are not so much a buffet and more of a trough.

There was a British chain called Taybarns which was modelled on the US Golden Corral.

Taybarns - Wikipedia

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events