Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2019, 02:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,397,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one's being puritanical.

They're fat shaming.

And those are two very different things.

You're not a pleasure to look at - so you can't wear that outfit.

That's the message.
I agree with another poster... there is more to the story than just her outfit. However, the photo she posted was taken in the bathroom, so maybe she pulled the top up some.

I think the manager asked her to leave for another reason—possibly she was very loud or noisy, profanity, kids being unruly, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 02:36 AM

37,159 posts, read 42,316,813 times
They did her a favor.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:14 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,533,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
The crop top doesn't fit right and the shorts and her hair aren't doing her any favors either. You have to be in decent physical shape and smaller breasted for that top to look ok. I was a decently in shape teenager and tops like that never fit me right even with a strapless bra. The shorts are too short for many thinner women. Most people don't want to look at a flabby belly or legs. The hair looks uncombed. The outfit is way too casual. I'm not a tattoo fan, but if you dress in a flattering manner, people ignore those.

I understand wanting to look sexy. She can, but she either has to lose weight or pick clothes that flatter the body she has. She may have to look a little harder, but there are clothes tailored for heavier women. She could have chosen a nice feminine tank made of a floaty material and a tailored short with a little more length. Pair that with a cute sandal and fix her hair a little. Her outfit would have been pretty and flattering.
You sound completely bigoted against heavy people. Saying basically heavy people don't have a right to dress the same as thin people dress. I understand having the opinion that it's not flattering and even repulsive, I respect that. But humans need to learn how to ignore things they don't like, unless of course it's hurting you physically or emotionally scarring you deeply.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:16 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,533,895 times
Originally Posted by ClaraC
"No one's being puritanical.

They're fat shaming.

That's the message."

I completely agree.

Old 06-10-2019, 06:44 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,435,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoNgFooCj View Post
Originally Posted by ClaraC
"No one's being puritanical.

They're fat shaming.

That's the message."

I completely agree.
I agree that fat people shouldn't wear certain clothing.

Said as a fat man.

I have also seen bad outfits on skinny people.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:15 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,272,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyelw View Post
for me it’s an age 12-or -under kind of outfit unless it’s beach or bbq at home or the lake.
+1.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:22 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,397,638 times
Quote:
You sound completely bigoted against heavy people. Saying basically heavy people don't have a right to dress the same as thin people dress. I understand having the opinion that it's not flattering and even repulsive, I respect that. But humans need to learn how to ignore things they don't like, unless of course it's hurting you physically or emotionally scarring you deeply.
Overweight people don’t have extra rights that thinner people don’t have. Come on! I have put on 5 pounds recently and don’t wear some items of clothing I was wearing just a few months back.

Bare flab hanging out for all to see is very tacky. True, it’s not against the law, but it is gross. Deal with what you have and are and spare others the eye pollution. The world will be a better place overall if people are more considerate of others in every way.

Old 06-10-2019, 07:48 AM

28,711 posts, read 18,886,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Her facebook page is linked in the article.

She's a very easy person to like. I do think that top was a mistake, but I agree with crd08 who bragged that she could wear that outfit and not be kicked out. No one knows what that poster actually looks like, but I think if an attractive, thin young woman wore it, it wouldn't be an issue.

Golden Corral is the Walmart of restaurants. I can't believe that's the most unappealing looking person there that day.

Maybe the manager was just damn sick and tired of seeing people at his restaurant who look like they eat at Golden Corral a lot.

Interesting, a meme on her page says:

"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them". Um hm. I think she needs to take that to heart.
I think the manager that day just felt like Wonder Woman in the trenches of No Man's Land.

"If nobody else is going to do something about that, I am."

Old 06-10-2019, 08:32 AM

4,994 posts, read 5,318,580 times
Quote:

I'd like to point out that this lady put herself out there on the internet for comment.

You can complain all you want and call it bigotry, but there was something wrong there. Obviously, her clothes looked bad and did not fit, but there may have been a problem with her attitude and behavior too. You're ignoring the real issue if you think everyone is just playing fashion police and being mean to the lady.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:20 AM

32,707 posts, read 48,291,572 times
Quote:
........They're fat shaming..........

I seriously can not see Golden Corral doing fat shaming. What percentage of their patrons are fat? I suspect that GC is accustomed to having a lot of fat people in their restaurant and on a daily basis.

If heavy people form a large percentage of their customer base, they aren't going to deliberately drive them away just for being overweight. They'd lose their customer base.

There is more to this story that the "victim" isn't telling because it would ruin her play for sympathy and outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events