Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2019, 01:54 PM

501 posts, read 364,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
No one's being puritanical.

They're fat shaming.

And those are two very different things.

You're not a pleasure to look at - so you can't wear that outfit.

That's the message.
Fat people should be shamed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 02:09 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,327,693 times
A couple of pictures of the hubby here. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ocatively.html

Old 06-10-2019, 03:09 PM

1,170 posts, read 2,407,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
A couple of pictures of the hubby here. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ocatively.html
So they went to Chuck E. Cheese, the zoo, and the Golden Corral. I'm guessing they ate at all three!

Old 06-10-2019, 03:21 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,083,047 times
All y'all that are so sure this woman did something else to get kicked out...per the link provided by Sarahsez, the restaurant takes responsibility for upsetting the woman and kicking her out, and says the restaurant was in the wrong.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:25 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,404,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
All y'all that are so sure this woman did something else to get kicked out...per the link provided by Sarahsez, the restaurant takes responsibility for upsetting the woman and kicking her out, and says the restaurant was in the wrong.
That’s just public relations. That broad has a big mouth and is making a big deal out of being kicked out. Golden Corral wants to shut the whole thing up. I still contend there is more to this story...

Old 06-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 16 days ago)

16,134 posts, read 21,271,956 times
Quote:
Except retailers and restaurants often apologize and/or offer some form of compensation to upset customers even if there was no actual wrong doing. I imagine the manager will get some 'retraining' on how to handle difficult customers without creating a scene, but I would not assume it means that the manager actually kicked her out ONLY for her outfit. As has been pointed out GC sees a lot of overweight customers, it's not likely she's the first one they ever saw in an unflattering or skimpy outfit.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:44 PM

30,312 posts, read 11,948,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada2012 View Post
Fat people should be shamed.
What is interesting is Golden Corral made a statement that they are going to do sensitivity training for their staff regarding fat customers. If there is one segment of the population that the Golden Corral staff should be used to deal with its fat customers. They are the bread and butter (with a dollop of gravy on top) of their customer base.

We went there once on a Thanksgiving when we did not feel like cooking and wow. Defiantly the right demographic to be around if you went to feel good about your body type.

I am sure there is more to this than just kicking her out for her outfit. But GC took the high road and did damage control. The last thing they need is a fat person boycott.

Old 06-10-2019, 03:48 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,083,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
That’s just public relations. That broad has a big mouth and is making a big deal out of being kicked out. Golden Corral wants to shut the whole thing up. I still contend there is more to this story...

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Yet somehow, I am. Is it because you can't fathom someone getting kicked out of a restaurant for being fat and ugly alone?

Old 06-10-2019, 03:53 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,404,592 times
Quote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Yet somehow, I am. Is it because you can't fathom someone getting kicked out of a restaurant for being fat and ugly alone?
Actually, she’s not ugly, just dressed in a trashy manner. Have you ever been to Golden Corral? It’s a very every day type place. Lots of food on the buffet, but nothing fancy. Plenty of fat people. She is not nearly as fat as some people I’ve seen there in the past.

Old 06-10-2019, 04:30 PM

43,497 posts, read 18,592,810 times
Quote:
lol..I posted that some time ago.
Manager apologized, employees get sensitivity training, she gets some freebie tickets to Golden Corral.
End of story. Everyone is happy now including our victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events