Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2019, 11:25 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,437,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
this non issue is only an issue because the woman was overweight. if she had been thinner, Golden Corral wouldn't have hassled her. And this is Golden Corral for goodness sake, an all you can eat joint that isn't in the top tier of culinary establishments..oh the irony!
I believe the issue is her boobs popped out & someone saw a nipple. Some lady posted on facebook that she was there and that the girl's boob was exposed (probably unknowingly but still).

If a thin woman was @ GC and HER boobs were exposed, I wager someone would have told her to cover up as well. The issue is most likely NOT her weight but the fact that the top didn't cover her well enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 17 days ago)

16,137 posts, read 21,276,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Golden Corral HAS said something public. They took responsibility for kicking her out. But some of you want to say "Well that's just public relations".
Because it is public relations. We once had to give a customer a gift card because they complained to our corporate office that the parking lot entrance was difficult to get to because of a nearby stoplight. Hardly an admittance of wrong doing, just putting a little grease on a squeaky wheel in a misguided attempt at winning back an unhappy (but unreasonable) customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Well, that's your OPINION. We're trying to deal with facts. I just posted THE FACT. They admitted they were in the wrong. You read it...right?
No they said they wanted to make amends to a disappointed customer. That is not the same as saying they were in the wrong for asking her to leave. See above.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:45 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,578,862 times
There is NOTHING wrong with that top IMO.

She is a big woman and it doesn't look good on her, BUT... nothing is showing but a bit of cleavage. SO WHAT?

If she was a petite young thang with cleavage showing, people would think she was sexy.

This is SO sexist and judgemental, it's sickening.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM

17,564 posts, read 15,677,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
There is NOTHING wrong with that top IMO.

She is a big woman and it doesn't look good on her, BUT... nothing is showing but a bit of cleavage. SO WHAT?

If she was a petite young thang with cleavage showing, people would think she was sexy.

This is SO sexist and judgemental, it's sickening.
How is this sexist?
Can you imagine a man of similar build wearing this in a restaurant?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:58 AM

4,047 posts, read 2,727,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I love when women put other women down. It makes them look so much better than those that they cast judgmental comments about. Trust me, calling a woman a heifer doesn't make you look good, or classy or better than the person you are putting down.

Guess what ya'll, fat people can lose weight; ugly, nasty, judgmental people generally can't change. They like to look down on others.

I have a live and let live attitude (except when people are exceptionally ugly and think they are superior to other people), so if I saw this girl at Golden Corral, I would have glanced at her and went on with my life.

So many are quick to call others snowflakes when they want to insult someone, but apparently they are the snowflakes because they are so offended by an overweight young lady in clothing they personally don't approve of.
Yes. This. All of this.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:10 PM

131,151 posts, read 12,264,487 times
oh who cares? Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:18 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,560,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Or, as in this case, NOT WEARING.

And if I had young children with me, I would be concerned about what message this lack of coverage of body parts would send.

No need for burkas, just normal clothing.

And no need to be rude, either.
I'm being rude? give me a break.

This gal was wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. Yeah, it showed cleavage. If you are so offended by her lack of clothing, then you'll just about have a heart attack here in my part of Texas, lol.

Just eat your food and move on. I don't give others enough thought to care about some other person wearing shorts and a tank top. BTW, I am a parent with younger children. They don't give a flip either.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,405,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm being rude? give me a break.

This gal was wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. Yeah, it showed cleavage. If you are so offended by her lack of clothing, then you'll just about have a heart attack here in my part of Texas, lol.

Just eat your food and move on. I don't give others enough thought to care about some other person wearing shorts and a tank top. BTW, I am a parent with younger children. They don't give a flip either.
Maybe you don’t realize it, but one way children learn is by example.

Guess I’d hate living in your part of TX.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM

36,794 posts, read 31,088,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
That poster already admitted to being shallow.
Yes that was obvious but doesn't answer my questions.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:33 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,405,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I love when women put other women down. It makes them look so much better than those that they cast judgmental comments about. Trust me, calling a woman a heifer doesn't make you look good, or classy or better than the person you are putting down.

Guess what ya'll, fat people can lose weight; ugly, nasty, judgmental people generally can't change. They like to look down on others.

I have a live and let live attitude (except when people are exceptionally ugly and think they are superior to other people), so if I saw this girl at Golden Corral, I would have glanced at her and went on with my life.

So many are quick to call others snowflakes when they want to insult someone, but apparently they are the snowflakes because they are so offended by an overweight young lady in clothing they personally don't approve of.
Uh, you call this trashy woman a “young lady!” LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events