Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 07:48 AM

757 posts, read 844,069 times

Advertisements

Guess I’ve seen it all. I would be more concerned about when they were going to bring out more fried chicken or fish. I would bet that 75% of the clientele in the place had a weight issue. In today’s world I’m guessing GC is working on a quiet settlement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 01:51 PM

6,085 posts, read 6,066,593 times
From what I gather from the recent posts, I wonder would there have been such an uproar if she wasn't metabolically challenged?

Old 06-13-2019, 02:08 PM

108 posts, read 57,045 times
She should not be wearing a shirt like that

Old 06-17-2019, 04:22 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,606,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Oh, come on!! No one wears an outfit like that unless they want to be looked at!

We have a quaint old expression on this side of the pond for someone
dressed like that, “She looks like a sack of s**t, tied up ugly.”
Don’t ask me the origin, I have no idea, but it’s been around for ever.

Old 06-17-2019, 04:55 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,606,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
In NY State, women are allowed to be topless anywhere a man can be. However, Golden Corral wouldn't count, b/c they don't allow anyone to be topless there.

However @ the beach or something or outside where men can take off their shirts, in NY, so can women. It's about equality, which I actually agree with.

I had some great times on beaches at Long Island in the early eighties, Jones Beach, Amagansett, Robert Moses, with my then girlfriend, who lived in Canarsie, Brooklyn.
I’d get off a plane at JFK, around 3.00 or 4.00 p.m., take a cab to her place, drop my stuff, brush my teeth, fool around if I could keep my eyes open, then she’d drive us to Sheepshead Bay for dinner.
Next day around noon we’d hit the beach for a couple of hours, but in the 4.5 years that I kept up that long distance relationship, I never once saw a boob on a N.Y. beach let alone a nipple.
Yet 2 to 2.5 hours by plane from London to Nice, France, Malaga, Spain, or Carvoiero, Portugal, and you’d see more naked mammaries than you could shake a stick at.
They were so commonplace, that I remember sitting at a beach bar, in Albufeira, Portugal, with a friend once, nursing a bottle of vinho verde, when I nudged him, and said, “Check out the blonde by the foot of the cliff.”
He didn’t even look, he just said, “See two Jean, and you’ve seen ‘em all.”

Old 06-17-2019, 05:10 PM

10,275 posts, read 6,371,389 times
Let's put it this way. If she was wearing the same outfit, was in her 20's, 30's, 40's and weighted 120 lb or less, she would never have been kicked out of anywhere. I lived in South Florida for 10 years when I was in my 60's. I wore shorts and tank tops to many a restaurants similar to her's, but at tops a 100 lbs., no restaurant would have said my attire was "inappropriate".

Sorry, Full Figure Sisters, we Skinny's can get away with far more than you can.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:19 PM

28,714 posts, read 18,920,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Let's put it this way. If she was wearing the same outfit, was in her 20's, 30's, 40's and weighted 120 lb or less, she would never have been kicked out of anywhere. I lived in South Florida for 10 years when I was in my 60's. I wore shorts and tank tops to many a restaurants similar to her's, but at tops a 100 lbs., no restaurant would have said my attire was "inappropriate".

Sorry, Full Figure Sisters, we Skinny's can get away with far more than you can.
If it's indeed true that the real offense was that her breasts were rolling out of that top, that is a situation a smaller woman wouldn't have anyway.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:53 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,437,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
I had some great times on beaches at Long Island in the early eighties, Jones Beach, Amagansett, Robert Moses, with my then girlfriend, who lived in Canarsie, Brooklyn.
I’d get off a plane at JFK, around 3.00 or 4.00 p.m., take a cab to her place, drop my stuff, brush my teeth, fool around if I could keep my eyes open, then she’d drive us to Sheepshead Bay for dinner.
Next day around noon we’d hit the beach for a couple of hours, but in the 4.5 years that I kept up that long distance relationship, I never once saw a boob on a N.Y. beach let alone a nipple.
Yet 2 to 2.5 hours by plane from London to Nice, France, Malaga, Spain, or Carvoiero, Portugal, and you’d see more naked mammaries than you could shake a stick at.
They were so commonplace, that I remember sitting at a beach bar, in Albufeira, Portugal, with a friend once, nursing a bottle of vinho verde, when I nudged him, and said, “Check out the blonde by the foot of the cliff.”
He didn’t even look, he just said, “See two Jean, and you’ve seen ‘em all.”
Robert Moses used to have a nude beach, I think it was field 5, lol. I am not sure if it's still there but it was just a bunch of old fat people mostly.

Truthfully I don't see many, if any, topless women on LI beaches either but legally it is allowed. I guess we're a bit more modest here. I too have seen it in Europe.

Old 06-18-2019, 10:51 AM

89,445 posts, read 45,139,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Robert Moses used to have a nude beach, I think it was field 5, lol. I am not sure if it's still there but it was just a bunch of old fat people mostly.

Truthfully I don't see many, if any, topless women on LI beaches either but legally it is allowed. I guess we're a bit more modest here. I too have seen it in Europe.
Many trendy hotels in prime tourist destinations such as Las Vegas, etc., offer their guests the option of topless pools. They're dubbed "European Pools" from what I've seen. I know for a fact that the Cosmopolitan has one.

Old 06-18-2019, 03:04 PM

9,467 posts, read 9,405,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

You don't know this for sure. Big Mama could have been doing something gross or being extremely loud, etc. We have never heard from GC or the Manager about why she was asked to leave. Her outfit was ugly and she looked trashy, but I bet that's not why she was asked to leave. There was probably something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events