Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 04:31 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
I don't understand people who go into animal care related jobs and abuse animals. Like find a new job. Good lort

That is not the "animal care" industry. It's the animal DEATH industry. Most normal people could not work directly in slaughter houses, or in most facets of the dairy industry. It's brutal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 04:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Four employees have been fired and the Indiana Fair Oaks Dairy owner issued an apology after an undercover video from the Animal Recovery Mission, showing hours-old dairy calves being kicked, beaten, pulled by the ears, and otherwise abused, surfaced.

WARNING: Graphic footage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...sco-core-power
Weird.

There are tons of these videos from dairies, pig farms, etc.

Nothing else getting pulled.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:56 AM

20,646 posts, read 4,418,415 times
Although I don't doubt this or other diary farms have some form of abuse. That linked video seems a bit too sliced together.
The "employees" being filmed wanted to be clearly shown abusing the animals.

As for not sending the young calves to be used for veal, duh. This is a business, not a kiddie farm. The companies livestock is going to be used for the best monetary returns: raised for milk, sent to slaughter, bred for herd.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:46 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These people are dangerous, they are abusing animals right now...but eventually that wont be enough for them anymore and they will move up to children, elderly, women.
I have no doubt they already do these things. They probably started with women and children.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:56 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delhidi View Post
I grew up on a dairy farm. My father loved his cows and treated them well as they were our bread and butter. That is why I just don't understand why some operations would treat their animals like this. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I grew up on a ranch running beef cattle. My Dad would likely have shot hands that treated our animals this way. Running beef cattle can get rough. Rough on humans I mean. Getting kicked, stomped, mashed and run over in the skeed, etc. Fractures strains and sprains are pretty common too.

But, never ever ever do the animals get abused in any way. Someone gets hurt well, hey, welcome to cowboy country. The same rules apply in breaking horses to ride and ground breaking foals. None of our horses were ever bucked out in saddle breaking and new foals were haltered and introduced gently to the halter the day they hit the ground. With the mare in attendance.

Our mares knew what was what. They never got wound up about halter breaking of their foals. There is absolutely zero need to be harsh and cruel handling livestock. The clowns in this video need tied to the fence and bull whipped. If they pulled this crap with either my Dad's or my cattle and horses that would be a likely happening.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:33 AM

32,638 posts, read 48,015,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon652 View Post
Sadly this type of savage behavior towards our farm animals is the norm for all types of animals farmed in the US. ...........

No it's not.

Livestock is well treated and that is the norm for farmed animals.

In every industry, there are a few people who behave badly. That doesn't make their behavior the norm for the industry.

The animal rights groups have a well established history of getting their own members to abuse animals, filming it, and then claiming that all farmed animals are treated that way. So, as far as I am concerned, any videos of farm animals being abused are suspect until proven otherwise.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
No it's not.

In every industry, there are a few people who behave badly. That doesn't make their behavior the norm for the industry.

The animal rights groups have a well established history of getting their own members to abuse animals, filming it, and then claiming that all farmed animals are treated that way. So, as far as I am concerned, any videos of farm animals being abused are suspect until proven otherwise.

Good points. Never in my long history with handling livestock did I ever see anyone either on our spread or anyone we knew abusing their stock. Saw plenty of people hurt but that's just part of the deal. It's just large powerful animals being what they are and doing what they do. One has to be smart and alert around livestock. You can't hurt an animal just because it hurt you.

Doesn't work that way. You don't rough up stock for any reason. The animals are our livelihood.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:48 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
No it's not.

Livestock on factory farms are treated horribly. Livestock on family farms is very different.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:02 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,783,960 times
Its honestly one of the worst animal cruelty videos I have seen. These were newborn calves, just little babies, how any human being can willingly treat a living animal that way, is quite cruel. Every man in that video better be criminally charged and be held accountable for their ruthless behavior.

Coca Cola owns Fairlife milk and is standing behind the product, which also is disappointing. Its as if Coca Cola has no values.

Old 06-08-2019, 05:25 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,807,433 times
This is horrible. How can people do this to such sweet creatures?

Have bought my last quart of FairLife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events