Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 05:20 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,199,670 times

Advertisements

I can only hope that some people in this thread someday own a house and end up with neighbors that are the type of people who do exactly the kind of jerk moves they keep recommending in this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 05:21 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It wouldn't happen that way, Cloudy. Others have explained why in this thread. It's telling, however, that blackmail was your first thought here and why you're trying to advocate taking an immediate hostile stance concerning these homeowners. But since you asked, I wouldn't have to go without water even if your scenario were possible. I'd just go spend a few months in another home I own after my neighbor in the villa and I both put up fences on our respective sides of the 12-foot strip.

Funny, I was thinking putting up a fence is something he should. Mow the strip? Nah, just pour concrete.

Maybe he could erect a giant billboard and use it for a vasectomy ad?

Old 06-17-2019, 05:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL, I may have never been a property owner, but I seem to know more about it, then some here. At least I know who owns and is responsible for the water lines under the property.
This is hilarious. I suppose this is going to be the new 86-inch TV thread where you pretended to be a legal expert while digging yourself deeper with every post.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-17-2019 at 06:41 PM..

Old 06-17-2019, 05:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
Exactly. This case is even more interesting. Because this guy now owns their water lines. If he decides to, he can shut off their water service.

Not only does he own their water lines, but he also owns their mailboxes and the wall between their garages. The homeowners are not comprehending how screwed they are. They need to step up to the plate and make a deal with this guy.

Everyone is assuming the guy is a fool who didn't do his due diligence. It may be the guy did it very very well, much better than did the villa owners.

Old 06-17-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I can only hope that some people in this thread someday own a house and end up with neighbors that are the type of people who do exactly the kind of jerk moves they keep recommending in this thread

This thread really makes me appreciate my lovely neighbors. Never a problem with any of them. Cloudy lives down the highway from me, but fortunately, he'd never be able to buy in my community.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 06-17-2019 at 06:46 PM..

Old 06-17-2019, 05:50 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,065,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Funny, I was thinking putting up a fence is something he should. Mow the strip? Nah, just pour concrete.

Maybe he could erect a giant billboard and use it for a vasectomy ad?
That is what I was thinking. Just pour concrete right over the top of their water meters, after the water is shut off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Everyone is assuming the guy is a fool who didn't do his due diligence. It may be the guy did it very very well, much better than did the villa owners.
LOL. He is crazy, like a fox.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:01 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
It’s a condo so he bought a random piece of 1 ft x 100 ft land. The developer closed and stopped paying the taxes on it so the county sold it.

The property was valued at $50 by the county. So the buyer thought he was getting a 170k townhouse but if the land was only worth $50 why would you bid $9100?!?!? Greed blinded the guy

Old 06-17-2019, 06:04 PM

17,298 posts, read 22,023,110 times
Property is likely going to have an hoa and the city will stop most of these bad ideas through permitting/zoning. Guy will be able to move the mailboxes at best.

I knew a couple of brothers that bought a landlocked piece of land at a distress sale. Property had no legal access, but you could land a helicopter. They paid the taxes for a few years and then gave up.... the town ended up with the land

Old 06-17-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Property is likely going to have an hoa and the city will stop most of these bad ideas through permitting/zoning. Guy will be able to move the mailboxes at best.
This. All this stuff that Cloudy is dreaming up is very likely not doable.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:34 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Again it's a private service line, not an easement.
Lol, can tell you have zero clue about properties.

The easements run typically 20ft back from the road. These are for the utilities. In regards to water, the gov owns from the water meter to the main, and the property owner is responsible from the meter to the home. Additionally, there is a necessity easement, which as the name implies, an easement that is needed such as access to a property, or in this case, for the utilities to run to the home.

If you ever owned a home, you would understand these things, so it is obvious you never have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events