Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 02:39 PM

17,535 posts, read 22,293,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I can't imagine being such a heavy sleeper that I can sleep through landing and the noisy passenger unloading.
I'd guess there were a few "substances" involved with her deep sleep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 07:30 AM

859 posts, read 709,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
The Langoliers.

(TV Miniseries based on a Stephen King novella)
Thank you for the link, I read it but I didn't get it well. So, I searched for the movie and watched it. Interesting idea and wide imagination

If this happened in reality, it would be completely different than the thread's story and worse, because in this movie a few passengers woke up from sleep to find out that most of the passengers in the airplane vanished while the plane is still flying and no one knows where they are and what happened during their sleep.

There is something in the movie either a mistake or I don't get the idea well. Maybe off topic but I'm curious to know the answer.
When that man shot the boy, the gun's bullet didn't work. According to what I understand, that's because they were in the past scope, nothing would work, no one there, time is different, even the cigarette couldn't stay light. That's why the boy didn't get harmed.

So, why when the same man stabbed the blind girl, she got stabbed and bleeding?

Old 06-29-2019, 08:03 AM

859 posts, read 709,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I'd think to myself that airplanes have blankets and pillows, and most likely food and beverages, and a bathroom. I'd just settle in until morning and make the best of it, even though it would be all kinds of boring and a major PITA. Then I'd be looking for some compensation from the airline, free travel vouchers or something. Turn those lemons into lemonade.
You are amazing if you could only do this as a first thing and nothing else.

People are different in their reactions but I think that the normal thing that every one would do as a FIRST STEP is what that woman did in this story. She was looking for an exit in order to get someone's attention from the outside. I think I would do the same, If nothing worked and got tired, just wait but I know I wouldn't be able to sleep again even if I'm certain that someone will definitely come at the end.

If this happened in the morning, still bad but it would be much better, it could have some fun to discover the plane and to take some photos if you have a camera. I don't think that I would do this if I was forgotten alone, though.

But to wake up from sleep at a MIDNIGHT to find out that the airplane you were in is not moving and dark and no one there and don't know what happened. It would be like a nightmare that you want to wake up from, I would feel lost and would have a mixed feeling. I bet that this passenger will never sleep again at an airplane. She is not blamed anyway.

Old 06-29-2019, 08:22 PM

29,538 posts, read 22,824,381 times
Happened again!

https://people.com/travel/visually-i...-canada-plane/

Old 06-29-2019, 08:36 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,461,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
I'd guess there were a few "substances" involved with her deep sleep
Melatonin? People use it on long flights.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:44 PM

11,829 posts, read 12,091,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Melatonin? People use it on long flights.
Her flight was 90 minutes long.

I'm really having a tough time buying her story.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:52 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 16 days ago)

16,134 posts, read 21,276,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic Bird View Post
You are amazing if you could only do this as a first thing and nothing else.

People are different in their reactions but I think that the normal thing that every one would do as a FIRST STEP is what that woman did in this story. She was looking for an exit in order to get someone's attention from the outside. I think I would do the same, If nothing worked and got tired, just wait but I know I wouldn't be able to sleep again even if I'm certain that someone will definitely come at the end.

If this happened in the morning, still bad but it would be much better, it could have some fun to discover the plane and to take some photos if you have a camera. I don't think that I would do this if I was forgotten alone, though.

But to wake up from sleep at a MIDNIGHT to find out that the airplane you were in is not moving and dark and no one there and don't know what happened. It would be like a nightmare that you want to wake up from, I would feel lost and would have a mixed feeling. I bet that this passenger will never sleep again at an airplane. She is not blamed anyway.
Oh, I'm sure I'd have my moments of panic, distress and anger. But after I had enough time to realize I'm stuck I really don't think I'd waste much time trying to 'escape' or whatever. It's a plane, not like finding yourself stuck someplace where nobody will be coming back for days or weeks. Plus I imagine there would be things there to make the overnight stay tolerable even if it's not a four star experience, heck a non working toilet is better than getting stuck with no toilet, lol.
And... I like my sleep, there is little that would keep me from prioritizing that! zzzzzz

Old 06-29-2019, 10:24 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,553,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I’ve woken people before when we reached the last stop on the train. That was a long time ago though.
Lol.. they thought you we a drunk..lol
It happened to me too long time ago.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:44 PM

51,205 posts, read 36,886,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
My guess she was jet lagged and/or took a sleep med.

But yes to #2. Even if the crew had to quickly deplane in order to make their next flight assignment, there should have been backup procedure to guard against this.

And I am not second guessing what passenger did. I would not want to spend the night on a cold airplane with non working toilet and no water or food.
Neither would I. I’d be scared out there by myself.

Old 06-30-2019, 05:08 PM

37,162 posts, read 42,346,253 times
Whenever you have people gathered in a place there are always procedures to make sure everyone is out before locking up. Stores, theaters, funeral homes, schools, etc. If people are in a place, it's someone job to make sure they are all out at the end. Someone didn't do their job correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events