Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 05:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,551,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I don’t know how anyone could sleep through an airplane landing? I can’t think of anytime that the plane didn’t hit the runway hard, and slowing down to a stop was always another issue of being tossed around in my seat.
Oh, I can readily relate to falling asleep part on a short flight. Flying routinely out of Toronto on Monday back on Friday on a short RapidAire (Air Canada between Toronto and Montreal) for weeks at a time for years was common for me taking a full committee of 12 others with me. It became a running joke that one of them be assigned to make sure I was awake upon landing as I usually fell asleep prior to push-back and slept the entire flight - landing and all.

Some people may have an auto compensation system (me) to fall asleep to enable tolerating the cattle call, shuffle like lemmings on board, jockeying for the space in the overhead bins somewhere near your seat to then jam yourself into too small seats and sit there like a stuffed turkey in an overheated aircraft waiting for the door to close and get rolling.

Modern day airline flights of the type that Wardair were the pinnacle of are OVER. Now, they're only slightly less aggravating than your average root canal being done simultaneously with a colonoscopy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 03:34 AM

3,639 posts, read 3,443,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh, I can readily relate to falling asleep part on a short flight.
I can relate also. I fell asleep on a flight between Edmonton and Calgary recently. No more than an hour flight (if that), but when I awoke and checked my watch, it was a half-hour later, and we were on approach to Calgary.

Quote:
Modern day airline flights of the type that Wardair were the pinnacle of are OVER. Now, they're only slightly less aggravating than your average root canal being done simultaneously with a colonoscopy.
There's a reason that I fly business class in North America, and this is it. No extra fees for baggage, no reheated Swiss Chalet or Mr. Sub or Tim Hortons or whatever they're offerring for food today at an outrageous price, no $7-plus-tax domestic swill beer, no $3.50 headphones. I enjoy the free food and booze in the Air Canada business-class-only lounge, a larger seat on board, and a flight attendant who addresses me by name, and asks what my cocktail order is.

It is possible to fly something that is not a root canal and a colonoscopy rolled into one, but if you want the cheapest flight, you're going to get both.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:59 AM

19,468 posts, read 15,329,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimNChicago View Post
Not discounting the experience she had, but oh how I wish I could sleep that soundly!
No kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Whenever you have people gathered in a place there are always procedures to make sure everyone is out before locking up. Stores, theaters, funeral homes, schools, etc. If people are in a place, it's someone job to make sure they are all out at the end. Someone didn't do their job correctly.
My thoughts, too. They MUST do a once-thru at the end. Human error, is all.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:41 PM

334 posts, read 524,245 times
I'm thinking if the cockpit was open I would just start flipping switches, something is bound to light up or turn on at some point and get some attention

Old 07-08-2019, 05:40 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,623,851 times
I just had some interesting experiences with Air Canada and would not recommend them as an airline. However, one thing I that impressed me was that every staff member, either on board or at the kiosks, were very professional and always trying to help. I can not imagine any of the Air Canada people I interacted with leaving someone sleeping on a plane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events