Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 02:40 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times

Advertisements

On the flip side of this story, just yesterday, I had a man come into our store and he said to me "I wasn't able to sleep all night, your cashier UNDERCHARGED me for an item I bought yesterday."

He showed me the receipt, and the item normally sold for $1.20 per foot, and it rang up at 89 cents per foot X the 250 feet he had purchased. I explained to him that it was on sale until July 7th, and the 89 cents was correct. He was totally relieved, let out a sigh, and said he drove clear back to pay the difference !

He had his young daughter with him, and I said to her "He is really setting a great example for you, isn't he?"

I thanked him, and told him it is people like him who renew my faith in humanity. What a super guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 04:04 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Walmart is a microcosm of the USA.....overall it is getting pretty dang gross, IMHO.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:33 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,596,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Maybe the store could sell her a pre-licked container of ice cream to go with the cake.

Some people are worse than pigs, work in retail for a while and you will be amazed at what you see.
Many years back, either before Timberland work boots became freely available in U.K., or were available but expensive, my younger son asked me to get him a pair when I was next in the U.S.
I went into a shoe store in Tampa FL, and found lots of them.
I found a box with a picture of a tan coloured pair, marked U.K. size 8, so I opened it, inside was a worn out pair of boots, with virtually no heels, and holes in the soles.
I found a good pair, bought them, and the clerk told me that “switching” was a common occurrence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHuskies630 View Post
But.. but.. the customer is always right!
Not always, when I was driving a London Black Cab, I picked a guy up at Canary Wharf, East London, who wanted London Bridge station, on the South side.
As I was driving along, he said, “Can we cross the river by Tower Bridge?”
I said, “It’s your nickel, I will if you want, but Rotherhithe Tunnel is way quicker, and maybe £4 or £5 cheaper.”
He said, “I’d prefer Tower Bridge”, so I took the bridge, it was his call, and I’d tried to tell him.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:57 PM

6,116 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree. I worked in a supermarket for a while. All sorts of nonesense like this. People would have lunch or dinner by opening food packages, often not eating all of it and then stuffing the half empty container in a shelf somewhere. Many people unfortunately think the world is molded for them only.
Wow, it's unfortunate (but not totally surprising) to hear how common this is.

If not because of an ethical compass that would say it's not the right thing to do, we would hope most people wouldn't do this because of being afraid of being arrested for shoplifting, and all the long lasting baggage an adult charge like this has on someone's life, all over some ho-hum processed food.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:45 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
"People of Walmart," is really a true phenomenon.

I hate Walmart, its tacky, cheap and it shows with their customer base...
Yep, if everyone thought like me, Walmart would go bankrupt. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:44 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Eating 1/2 a cake and leaving the store is shoplifting, she should have been arrested.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:03 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
gross

Old 07-08-2019, 05:02 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,059,025 times
It isn`t just Walmart. Same thing goes on in every grocery store. A friend who works in a grocery store, tells me stories, of finding empty lobster rolls, on shelves, cherry pits, in the meat case. customers, putting their fingers in the olive bar. Most customer`s do not wash their hands after using the rest room either. In Walmart`s defence, the one in my area, has the cleanest rest rooms, of any of the grocery stores, that I have been in.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:04 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,651,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara Ray View Post
"People of Walmart," is really a true phenomenon.

I hate Walmart, its tacky, cheap and it shows with their customer base...
I don't hate Walmart.

I hate Walmart's customers. The world would be a better place if many of them had never been born. The world would definitely be better if many of them were to be sterilized to prevent procreation.

Old 07-08-2019, 03:09 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I don't hate Walmart.

I hate Walmart's customers. The world would be a better place if many of them had never been born. The world would definitely be better if many of them were to be sterilized to prevent procreation.

Walmart is a pretty great store.........the customer-base, shivers.

I see the gross behavior that the OP highlights becoming much more common in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events