Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 04:06 PM

10,452 posts, read 4,035,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
That's a little extreme, but a 1 year is prison would be ok, plus a $10,000 fine.
No, it's not extreme. What if this person has a contagious disease or illness? Either way, I won't be surprised if down the road, all stores make it where everyone has to have a member ship card so they have vital stats on record for incidents just like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 12:44 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
No, it's not extreme. What if this person has a contagious disease or illness? Either way, I won't be surprised if down the road, all stores make it where everyone has to have a member ship card so they have vital stats on record for incidents just like this.
That also is extreme. I'll find another place to shop before I allow a merchant to become Big Brother.

Old 07-12-2019, 07:40 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
The lone acts are bad. The fear it causes along with the (potential) copycats are many times worse.

Old 07-12-2019, 12:42 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
That also is extreme. I'll find another place to shop before I allow a merchant to become Big Brother.
Amazon.

Old 07-12-2019, 02:42 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
It's getting to the point that I don't want to buy anything that is not sealed!

Old 07-13-2019, 12:08 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Most of us got to that point when it first became apparent that tampering was easy and real and safeguarding against such was even easier. Those few companies that choose to disregard reality in favor of not spending a minimal expense to safeguard their customers do so at their own shortsightedness and economic peril.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:27 AM

1,485 posts, read 954,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

I'm not buying the "guards can't do anything" excuse, either. There are monitors all over grocery stores these days. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K09IpEww5Io
What would the guards do? Stab the perps in the face? Beat the perp with a baton?

What exactly aren't you buying that the guards can't do?

Security "guards" in California are to "observe and report". Maybe a guard can follow the perp out to their car and get the plate number.

There was an incident not in L.A. not long ago where a security guard at a grocery store, not knowing any better, stupidly chased a couple shop lifters out to the parking lot to recover stolen merchandise and got stabbed to death for it. Guards "observe and report". Not to touch people in any way unless it's for self defense against an attack.

There's your education for the day.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:29 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaGWS View Post
Disgusting! Ugh.

What is wrong with some people?!
You can thank sensationalism, you tube, social media and wanting to be a Youtube Star.

I personally hope that all these people get caught, and spend some time in jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Bottles are sealed. They have that break away cap

It’s gonna come to that. Tards like this cost everyone money. Eventually companies will be putting tamperproof seals n their merchandise and passing those costs to the consumer

Old 07-13-2019, 11:47 AM

9,085 posts, read 6,308,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And maybe he's another "juvenile," who won't be identified or face consequences equal to the act.

I'm not buying the "guards can't do anything" excuse, either. There are monitors all over grocery stores these days. Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K09IpEww5Io
I am so grossed out by the thought of this that I can't bring myself to watch the video. Is there anything we can do to weed people with these disgusting tendencies out of the gene pool?

Hypothetically if someone killed this guy for doing what he did I would acquit the killer if I was on the hypothetical jury.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:48 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,368 times
Don't understand why people are just getting nastier and nastier these days. It's downright sickening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events