Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 07:32 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times

Advertisements

Cameras are cheap nowadays. Stores can set them on every single aisle. Then PROSECUTE to fullest extent of law. Send some of these jerks to jail and the rest of them will get the message.

Retailers who refuse to enhance surveillance and/or prosecute will find themselves being sued by customers for lack of reasonably safeguarding public health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2019, 08:25 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Cameras are cheap nowadays. Stores can set them on every single aisle. Then PROSECUTE to fullest extent of law. Send some of these jerks to jail and the rest of them will get the message.

Retailers who refuse to enhance surveillance and/or prosecute will find themselves being sued by customers for lack of reasonably safeguarding public health.
Why retailers? Don't you think mfg and consumers need to shoulder some of the responsibility too? If you can't be bothered to check if a seal is still intact that's on you as a consumer. Other than produce most products I buy do have some sort of seal on them, so I don't see this as a huge problem. Certainly not enough of a potential problem that I want to see cost increased to absorb the amount of payroll it would take to monitor entire stores in real time. Jeez, the little store I work in has 14 cameras alone and only a few of them actually cover any part of an aisle on the sales floor.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:32 AM

22 posts, read 10,046 times
Disgusting crazy loons. My husband likes those teas.... I mentioned this to him...

Old 07-14-2019, 02:49 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,362,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

Youre out of touch with reality. This could help if you knew an offense happened, when and where, and just needed to id a suspect(still very difficult) or have evidence for court

If you think it would catch incidents youre wrong because humans have to view all that footage. Hell the only reason we could id this guy is his buddy filmed it. Store security cams from above wouldnt show his face hes got a beanie on.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:54 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Don't understand why people are just getting nastier and nastier these days. It's downright sickening.
For some of these people this YouTube video is their lifetime crowning achievement. This person has peaked. This is the most he will ever achieve in life.

Old 07-14-2019, 04:53 PM

9,085 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
For some of these people this YouTube video is their lifetime crowning achievement. This person has peaked. This is the most he will ever achieve in life.

So is this what was meant when they said the most desired career among young children is YouTuber (a.k.a. ice cream licker or iced tea spitter)?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...-children.html

If so then I'd like to make a swap, legalizing prostitution and prohibiting YouTubing.

Old 07-14-2019, 05:15 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
So is this what was meant when they said the most desired career among young children is YouTuber (a.k.a. ice cream licker or iced tea spitter)?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...-children.html

If so then I'd like to make a swap, legalizing prostitution and prohibiting YouTubing.

A bunch of people watching another bunch of morons doing stupid stuff. It’s like jackass only not famous. I got a link once with some kid out in farmland USA and he was absolutely beating the everliving crap out of this truck for his you tube channel.
If YouTube really wanted to stop this behavior they would simply delete such videos where people tamper with foods at stores. This bs is gonna become some stupid “challenge” and you’re gonna have a bunch of disgusting people doing this to foods. All because they want to go viral and make money.
I bet this animal thinks what he did was funny. In some states it’s a felony others a misdemeanor

Old 07-17-2019, 06:25 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,072 times
It's obvious to me the incentive to do these things is online notoriety, so make that part of the crime. Maybe we should start introducing laws that add time or additional fines to anything posted online (like some places do when a crime is committed with a gun or how speeding in a school zone adds to a fine).

If the sentence for a food tampering case ends up being a year probation, make it two years probation if the crime is also posted online or recorded to be posted online. If the sentence is a $5,000 fine, make it a $10,000 fine if posted online or recorded.

And fine YouTube too if the number of posted incidents exceeds some limit or if YouTube doesn't report these things to the authorities (and make it a fine worth having so they are inclined to remove these things and therefore reducing the appeal).

Old 07-17-2019, 04:13 PM

9,085 posts, read 6,311,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
It's obvious to me the incentive to do these things is online notoriety, so make that part of the crime. Maybe we should start introducing laws that add time or additional fines to anything posted online (like some places do when a crime is committed with a gun or how speeding in a school zone adds to a fine).
Yeah, the online element could be legally determined to be inciting others to commit a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
And fine YouTube too if the number of posted incidents exceeds some limit or if YouTube doesn't report these things to the authorities (and make it a fine worth having so they are inclined to remove these things and therefore reducing the appeal).
It might be onerous for youtube to have view to view every video for things like this. Viewers should help them out by using the reporting tools and Youtube should be diligent in reporting the users to the legal authorities. As long as Youtube helps the authorities in this way I see no need to fine them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events