Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 11:59 AM

9,830 posts, read 11,610,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Her husband looks like a normal human man just like she looks like a normal human woman.
No he does not imo, Did you see the interview when her husband reported her missing, very odd.

Quote:
So, no, I see nothing visually that would force her to run from her husband. I have no idea what happened but I do know the odd individual gets killed on hiking trails.
I do, but hey, you see the world as blue, i think its red
Quote:
I have no idea what happened
Me, you, most of the people in this thread, but that is what this forum is for to discuss.
Quote:
but I do know the odd individual gets killed on hiking trails.
I agree
It Seems to happen a lot here in California. Lots of women like to Hike and run trails by themselves here in Southern California. You don't see that too much on East coast, everyone is in pairs or groups.

Last edited by hitman619; 07-16-2019 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 12:00 PM

19,106 posts, read 14,093,573 times
No one is shutting you up. It’s just hard to not shake ones head at some of the ridiculous speculation that has gone on here with very little facts (sometimes none) to back it up.

I can assure you that most here would not last one day as a detective.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 07-16-2019, 12:04 PM

146 posts, read 74,540 times
Why is this thread a million pages and growing? these sorts of events happen all the time, and this one has a happy conclusion. What's all the discussion about? seems like a non story to me.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,878 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I cannot think of a rational response to what you just wrote.
Maybe it's because you don't live in an area where it's known that owls carry tiny dogs off, in the blink of an eye.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:05 PM

102,310 posts, read 108,476,230 times
Quote:
This thread is a great example of what happens in the age of the internet when a bunch of “I deserve to know everything people†get together.
Some of us get gripped by a story, a mystery, a puzzle with a hint of danger. There's nothing wrong with wanting to puzzle out a case. Although I must admit, after this one, I'm thinking I need to lay off the park/wilderness disappearance stories for awhile. This was has been too harrowing.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:06 PM

14,410 posts, read 11,848,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston196 View Post
Why is this thread a million pages and growing? these sorts of events happen all the time, and this one has a happy conclusion. What's all the discussion about? seems like a non story to me.
49 out of every 50 threads on CD seem like non-stories or are irrelevant to me. That's why I pick the ones I'm interested in or know something about, to post on.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:06 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,176,996 times
Quote:
No one is shutting you up. It’s just hard to not shake ones head at some of the ridiculous speculation that has gone on here with very little facts (sometimes none) to back it up.

I can assure you that most here would not last one day as a detective.
It's a discussion forum. People are discussing a current event, and possible theories and outcomes, just like in all the other current event threads here.

Quote:
You must have skipped over post # 187.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:07 PM

10,372 posts, read 10,732,842 times
I have another question that I haven't seen answered. All the interviews say that, "she and their dog "vanished" from the California campground when she went to take the dog out for a bathroom break while he parked their vehicle."

The website for Grandview Campground states:

Quote:
Each site has a table, fire ring, and parking for one or two vehicles.
When I heard the interview on TV, I assumed there was a parking area away from the campsites. This sounds like you can park right at your campsite. How far away could her husband while he parked their vehicle while she took the dog out for a bathroom break?

Old 07-16-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Because 3/4 of the million pages occurred before the happy ending, and people were trying to puzzle it out with little info to go by. Even after the relatively happy ending, scary, disturbing details emerged in a story that didn't hang together. This prompts more attempts to fill in the puzzle pieces.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I have another question that I haven't seen answered. All the interviews say that, "she and their dog "vanished" from the California campground when she went to take the dog out for a bathroom break while he parked their vehicle."

The website for Grandview Campground states:

When I heard the interview on TV, I assumed there was a parking area away from the campsites. This sounds like you can park right at your campsite. How far away could her husband while he parked their vehicle while she took the dog out for a bathroom break?
She said in her TV interview today, that she'd decided to "take a walk" while he was bringing the car around and parking it. It didn't work out, to say the least. Bad decision. I think she said she wanted to scout out the terrain a little. Prior reports had said, she needed to relieve herself. The truth could have involved both motives for walking away from safety, and wandering off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events