Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 12:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,476,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This thread is a great example of what happens in the age of the internet when a bunch of “I deserve to know everything people” get together.
The family invited the public in.

The son is posting intimate details about Mom on facebook.

They all four appeared on national tv to tell the story.

And, if there is truly a man accosting women with a knife, the public deserves as much info as is available.....esp the locals or anyone planning to visit the campground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 12:26 PM

10,372 posts, read 10,732,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She said in her TV interview today, that she'd decided to "take a walk" while he was bringing the car around and parking it. It didn't work out, to say the least. Bad decision. I think she said she wanted to scout out the terrain a little. Prior reports had said, she needed to relieve herself. The truth could have involved both motives for walking away from safety, and wandering off.

One of the interviews this morning quoted her son who said she went into the bushes "to pee." There are restroom facilities close to the campsites, so I thought that was a strange comment. Now it seems like the story has changed and she was taking the dog into the brush for the dog to go. Regardless, it doesn't seem like she would've been that far from her husband since he was only parking their vehicle.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:28 PM

14,411 posts, read 11,848,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Impossible! They’d all die of thirst!

https://www.dailynews.com/2019/07/16...park-shooting/
Uh, there was running water at that park and other nearby facilities. This gang was not based in a wilderness area, and for what it's worth, the west side of the Angeles National Forest is nothing like Inyo County.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:28 PM

23,918 posts, read 33,745,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
The family invited the public in.

The son is posting intimate details about Mom on facebook.

They all four appeared on national tv to tell the story.

And, if there is truly a man accosting women with a knife, the public deserves as much info as is available.....esp the locals or anyone planning to visit the campground.
Glad she was found but the story is weird for sure. I had expected LE to put a sketch out for the guy by now.

I agree with the person that said she may have made it up because she was afraid of being charged for the search.

I haven't visited the go fund me to see if they stopped accepting donations yet. Glad to hear thy want to refund the money. Them asking for $10,000 was realistic but $100,000? Ridiculous.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:29 PM

14,411 posts, read 11,848,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
One of the interviews this morning quoted her son who said she went into the bushes "to pee." There are restroom facilities close to the campsites, so I thought that was a strange comment. Now it seems like the story has changed and she was taking the dog into the brush for the dog to go. Regardless, it doesn't seem like she would've been that far from her husband since he was only parking their vehicle.
Based on what the son reported the bad guy as saying, which has now been deleted from Facebook...she was peeing.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,879 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
It appears it was she who was peeing, and that's how the burly stranger noticed her pubic grooming habits, and commented on them.

So, an aside.

I've never had a yorkie, so maybe those who have can fill me in.

I've had a variety of other small dogs.

We're to believe this man was lurking in the bushes, waiting for the husband to leave momentarily so he could assault the woman, and close enough to notice great detail when she peed.

And the dog didn't notice he was there the whole time.

I've never had a dog that wouldn't have noticed a strange man lurking in the bushes right there.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:39 PM

23,918 posts, read 33,745,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It appears it was she who was peeing, and that's how the burly stranger noticed her pubic grooming habits, and commented on them.

So, an aside.

I've never had a yorkie, so maybe those who have can fill me in.

I've had a variety of other small dogs.

We're to believe this man was lurking in the bushes, waiting for the husband to leave momentarily so he could assault the woman, and close enough to notice great detail when she peed.

And the dog didn't notice he was there the whole time.

I've never had a dog that wouldn't have noticed a strange man lurking in the bushes right there.
Agree 100%! It sure doesn't sound right.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:39 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,476,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Glad she was found but the story is weird for sure. I had expected LE to put a sketch out for the guy by now.

I agree with the person that said she may have made it up because she was afraid of being charged for the search.

I haven't visited the go fund me to see if they stopped accepting donations yet. Glad to hear thy want to refund the money. Them asking for $10,000 was realistic but $100,000? Ridiculous.
Yeah, that's the main thing that gives me pause.

Even if they don't have enough info for a sketch, you would think they would make a statement of some kind.

Their statement that they are investigating seems unusually vague. When women are accosted around my location they almost always either give out what description they have or say they don't have one.

Maybe they haven't talked to her in detail yet because she was recovering.

I'm not overly concerned about the GoFundMe. They don't seem like people that need to run a scam for money.

Old 07-16-2019, 12:41 PM

50,545 posts, read 47,353,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Quetzalcoatlus had a pretty large brain case.
True, but that's not a bird!!!

Old 07-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 1 day ago)

35,879 posts, read 18,189,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yeah, that's the main thing that gives me pause.

Even if they don't have enough info for a sketch, you would think they would make a statement of some kind.

Their statement that they are investigating seems unusually vague. When women are accosted around my location they almost always either give out what description they have or say they don't have one.

Maybe they haven't talked to her in detail yet because she was recovering.

I'm not overly concerned about the GoFundMe. They don't seem like people that need to run a scam for money.
If she's well enough to go on a TV talk show, she's well enough to provide a description other than burly lurker who uses phrases like "have my way with you". Although honestly, that does narrow it down, considerably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events