Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 05:36 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,769,164 times

Advertisements

I hope I'm not offending anyone here but there are plenty of hefty guys with larger boobs than many women, and they go out in public topless.

Folks who go to nude beaches say it is non-sexual and not a big deal, and I suspect they're right because anybody who goes there expects to see public nudity and to be nude themselves. Walking naked through the center of town, though legal here in Vermont, would be viewed very different because that person would stand out in the crowd and because everyone else wouldn't have been expecting it. Context matters.
The other thing not yet discussed here involves children. While it might be healthy for kids to grow up not having hangups about nudity, we can't forget about the pedophiles and assorted creeps who would take advantage of the situation. How do the Europeans deal with this issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 05:02 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
I hope I'm not offending anyone here but there are plenty of hefty guys with larger boobs than many women, and they go out in public topless.

Folks who go to nude beaches say it is non-sexual and not a big deal, and I suspect they're right because anybody who goes there expects to see public nudity and to be nude themselves. Walking naked through the center of town, though legal here in Vermont, would be viewed very different because that person would stand out in the crowd and because everyone else wouldn't have been expecting it. Context matters.
The other thing not yet discussed here involves children. While it might be healthy for kids to grow up not having hangups about nudity, we can't forget about the pedophiles and assorted creeps who would take advantage of the situation. How do the Europeans deal with this issue?
I think of that when I see parents change their little kids clothes on the beach in public.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:12 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,890 times
I think she wanted some attention and she got it so its a WIN WIN.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:31 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
The farther east you get the more Victorian society seems to get. Here in Oregon there is no law against a woman going topless anywhere. Men can go topless, so can women. It's not common, but it's not illegal either. A few years ago a woman spent all afternoon wandering around downtown Eugene with no top. The cops didn't do anything until she got into a fight with another woman who objected.

It's also illegal in this state to interfere with a woman breast feeding a child. The old "it's for the children" chant doesn't play here, since women are officially mammals and children are what breasts are for.
NY as well. Anywhere a man can be shirtless in NY, a woman can be topless.

Old 08-01-2019, 12:46 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A Minnesota woman is sparking debate about the state’s definition of nudity after being approached by police for sunbathing topless on a local beach.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/topl...190201168.html

Isn't there usually a sign at the entrance that states whether topless is allowed or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events