Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 06:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times

Advertisements

The world is blowing up and we're worried about a woman showing her assets. It's about 50th on my list of worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2019, 07:03 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
America bashing? Nonsense, Silly Billy.

The poster pointed out the fact that the American culture still has a terrible problem dealing with even fleeting public nudity. Compared to many European countries, this is just a fact.

Relax, the sun is still shining.
Yeah that's America bashing, and Europe's laws and customs have no bearing on our own. I am all for women showing off their ta-tas, and I am all for criticizing our laws and customs but Europe's feelings on the matter are irrelevant. Europe's attitudes are likely to shift due to recent demographic changes anyway.

And yes I am aware that America bashing has no bearing on the weather, and I promise not to blame anything going on in this thread for the heat wave that's supposed to hit this weekend.

Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,432,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
Looks like a good time to visit Duluth.

LOL did you watch the video? Not really worth it unless you're in the neighborhood.

Old 07-18-2019, 09:47 AM

1,563 posts, read 904,850 times
New York City has topless beaches as well as NJ. While everywhere in NYC is legal to go topless most women have enough sense to display the sisters among crowds consisting of mostly adults.

The mothers of America have caused too much mayhem in the name of "the children, the children!"

The horseback park police that patrol topless Rockaway beaches have learned to stand and converse stone-faced with topless females as naturally as if they were fully clothed. It's refreshing.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:08 AM

749 posts, read 580,033 times
Why stop with topless?
Nudists (North America and Europe) have been going all bare for many decades.
Sex and uncouth or aggressive behavior is usually not tolerated..
Mostly couples.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:16 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,750,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope of Greenwich Village View Post
New York City has topless beaches as well as NJ. While everywhere in NYC is legal to go topless most women have enough sense to display the sisters among crowds consisting of mostly adults.

The mothers of America have caused too much mayhem in the name of "the children, the children!"

The horseback park police that patrol topless Rockaway beaches have learned to stand and converse stone-faced with topless females as naturally as if they were fully clothed. It's refreshing.
That must have been some fun training.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:27 PM

1,563 posts, read 904,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnelian View Post
Why stop with topless?
Because nobody wants to be exposed to men's junk out in public.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:07 PM

133 posts, read 75,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
It's always the Americans who have problems with nude sunbathing. My kids have been hanging out on topless/nude beaches in Europe and the Caribbean since they were kids.

They are all in their thirties and have no scars.

The woman lied. Her kids weren't uncomfortable, SHE was uncomfortable.
Agreed.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:25 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That doesn’t apply to all of the west coast. For instance you can’t be topless on any LA County beaches. Each town and county set their own ordinances.
Pretty dumb! I participate in Topless Venice Beach every year. You can’t show your nipples, but you can cover them with very authentic “stick on” silicon nipples that look so much like the real thing that you’d have to stare at them in order to tell the difference. 😂
As long as the offensive “real” nip is covered... you’re golden.

Old 07-18-2019, 05:15 PM

757 posts, read 837,874 times
Make the men cover up for goodness sakes. Hairy, man boobs, pot bellies. Gag. I'd vote for that. If a man can walk around anywhere uncovered, then so should the women folk.

Flame on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events