Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 03:36 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
I have no problem with women going topless on the beach. And swimming naked feels better. However...... with everyone having cell phones with cameras...... don't be surprised to have unauthorized pictures out there.

Sometimes cameras suck.
Where does a nudist keep their cell phone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2019, 05:25 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Where does a nudist keep their cell phone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsDxpyQxAj4

Old 07-19-2019, 06:09 AM

1,146 posts, read 1,013,374 times
Conan & Flula Borg Visit A Nude Beach - CONAN on TBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlMRn0oYRic

Old 07-19-2019, 06:37 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
Sums it up.
Attached Thumbnails
News, Topless sunbather at beach sparks debate about nudity-topless.jpg  

Old 07-19-2019, 07:21 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times
The man made beach or lake or whatever looks ugly as hell.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:23 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Here's what I dont get. Maybe it was discussed earlier in the thread but there was so much sniping, I didnt read the entire thread. In the US, our values have determined that the breast need to be covered. Right or wrong that is what the American society has decided. In Europe those societies have decided women can be topless (if not fully nude).

In America, the nude body needs to be discussed with our children. In Europe it is an every day ocurrence.

That said, if an American went to Europe and expected to push their values they would be run out of the country (continent) but somehow in America it is expected that everything should be accepted because "America!"

I didnt raise my daughter to accept nudity as a natural thing because in America nudity isnt as accepted as it is elsewhere. You cant condemn me or her because of that and you cant throw "well they do it in Europe" around either. We're not in Europe.

Now if the US wants to progress to a time where nudity in its purest form is ok then fine but until then we havent raised ourselves to be in that position.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Five. Five posts before the America bashing began. Nothing is stopping you from living in Europe.
The most American thing in the world is to complain (common sense pamphlets anyone?) and to riot (Boston tea party) and so on. This love it or leave it crap is blatantly ignorant of our beautiful, messy history of being complainer who work to change what they don’t like.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:44 AM

11,128 posts, read 9,760,240 times
I got a big laugh when I saw that there was a religious convention in a downtown convention center. Outside the convention center was a half-sized replica of Michelangelo's "David". Someone from the convention had taken the liberty of tying a beach towel around David's waist so as not to offend the sensibilities of the conventioneers. Even art is not safe from prudish behavior.

Old 07-19-2019, 07:58 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,708,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
The man made beach or lake or whatever looks ugly as hell.
Lake Superior isn't 'man-made'...

It has a stunning natural beauty, but I guess that's lost on the Baywatch crowd.

Old 07-19-2019, 08:04 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Apparently it’s not about East Coast to West Coast. I accepted that earlier but I didn’t look it up.Here is a map of the states where it’s legal to be topless. https://gotopless.org/topless-laws. https://gotopless.org/topless-laws
That map is wrong. Women going topless is legal in Vermont. In fact women and men going bottomless is legal in Vermont. Being nude in public will not get you arrested. Being lewd will. It is rare however to encounter a nude person at other than a swimming hole. Some years back there was a group of teenagers that decided to hang out nude in a downtown area and it proved to not be a big deal for the people that lived there. The kids (boys & girls) were minding their own business and just listening to music and talking. There was some publicity however which resulted in a couple creeps from other States going there so as to walk around downtown nude, and they got promptly arrested for lewd behavior.

State law does allow individual towns to enact public nudity bans but most towns haven't and those that have do it only in specified areas that were problematic in some manner. Vermont culturally is probably more akin to European sensibilities in this regard than is most of the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events