Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 02:03 PM

23,862 posts, read 33,533,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There was a post on one of the earlier links (I couldn't copy and paste, for some reason) on a Needles Crime Watchers FB page, saying it wasn't planned to be a long hike, but just a 2-mile walk. It also said, that walking in the desert, even in summer, in common for them; they enjoy desert walks. They live nearby, up north of Needles, on the AZ side of the state border, in Bullhead City.
Thanks. I haven't had time to check out much. The WS thread says there are bread crumbs on the inside edition twitter post. I so far found one post about her but wasn't able to view replies for some reason. I'm gonna have to go back and try on my cell. I'll be shocked if her hub didn't do something to her.

She's a beautiful lady who looks great for her age. She reminds me if my friend Cathy who's daughter Aundria Bowman is missing since 1989. Cathy had blond hair and green eyes, is a little younger then Barbara but is also traveling in a motorhome or in a truck with a motorhome trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
OK, so maybe it's just the husband (and the son) who say he is the suspect. Because both of them have definitely said that. But it seems very strange to me that if she just wandered off and got lost, searchers haven't been able to find her in more than a week. You can only go so far on your feet in that heat and without any water, regardless of how used to triple digits you say you are.
I haven't seen LE say he's not a suspect, they're just saying no foul play; I guess by others. LE have given him a lie detector test that he failed.

LE are still searching the area. They must think her remains are there. I assume that the bikini photo was taken there that day, LE would know by now; so they're searching the area to see what he did with her.

I read they have cave searchers an people to repel mountains. Could have sworn I read theres been no sign she was even there. Possible that photo that was in some articles could be from another part of the desert unless they were able to match the rock shes by with ones in that area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 02:05 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,684,342 times
Were they both seen by witnesses in that area? Is there evidence she was actually there? Seems not unlikely that he might even have taken a photo of her that day, if she was there...

Old 07-20-2019, 02:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Were they both seen by witnesses in that area? Is there evidence she was actually there? Seems not unlikely that he might even have taken a photo of her that day, if she was there...
I haven't seen anything that addresses that.

Seems like if someone grabbed her she would have dropped the beer and they would have found that by the road.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I haven't seen anything that addresses that.

Seems like if someone grabbed her she would have dropped the beer and they would have found that by the road.
That's a really good point. It does seem impossible to kidnap someone and have them still be holding their beer!

It does seem this won't end well for her.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:44 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,436,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
That's a really good point. It does seem impossible to kidnap someone and have them still be holding their beer!

Yes unfortunately being kidnapped seems to be her best bet for survival and that likely wouldn't end well either.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:46 PM

14,302 posts, read 11,684,342 times
Quote:

An abductor might have scooped up the beer can/cup so as not to leave evidence.

Unfortunately, I agree with your second point.

Old 07-20-2019, 02:51 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Is this guy just whack? Apparently he's going on CNN soon, but hopes to be there before he's kidnapped and killed himself.

I can't find any mutual friends, he's got no pics of his "mom", and he believes he's saved lots of people from human trafficking while working together with LE and the FBI.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.schellinkhout

edited to add: He IS linked to Barbara, by address, on Whitepages Premium. So, yeah.

Old 07-20-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Is this guy just whack? Apparently he's going on CNN soon, but hopes to be there before he's kidnapped and killed himself.

I can't find any mutual friends, he's got no pics of his "mom", and he believes he's saved lots of people from human trafficking while working together with LE and the FBI.

https://www.facebook.com/matthew.schellinkhout

edited to add: He IS linked to Barbara, by address, on Whitepages Premium. So, yeah.
I do wonder about him but if the husband had her kidnapped and killed, he may go after the son for his big mouth. He'd be crazy to even do that with LE watching him

Old 07-20-2019, 06:27 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,417,559 times
Hopefully she had herself kidnapped away from all that craziness.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:49 AM

The searches for Barbara have been suspended unless new information comes.

Some asked if she was wearing a bikini or if she had shorts. Bikini is correct, no shorts.

Barbara's brother lives in Tokyo, he's very sick. She was supposed to be on a plane to visit him this week. Her brothers son is a verified insider at Websleuths. He's saying the husband has given LE his camera and that they're satisfied Barbara is on at least one photo there, otherwise they wouldn't have searched so long.

There is someone on the WS thread that was there while LE searched. They said they were not 20 miles from I-40 but 6.3 miles. If anyone wants to read what they said, you can find it here They also posted a few pics and said cell phone service is barely there. They also gave an opinion about cars going by (a car every few minutes)

No evidence of Barbara has been located during the searches.

Crews Suspend Daily Searches for 69-Year-Old Woman Who Vanished on Mojave Desert Hike
Quote:
Authorities on Monday suspended daily searches for a 69-year-old woman who disappeared earlier this month while hiking in above 100-degree weather in the Mojave Desert.

Although rescue crews have ceased daily searches, additional operations will be conducted when new information is learned in the investigation, authorities said.
Law Enforcement search timeline
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

UPDATE - Monday, July 22, 2019
Quote:
The ongoing daily searches for Barbara Thomas in the Mohave National Preserve have been suspended. Additional searches will be conducted as any additional information is developed in the investigation.
UPDATE #9 Sunday, July 21st -
Quote:
K9 units, members certified in cave searches, rope climbing and desert terrain ground searchers were utilized today.

The search has been suspended for the day due to extreme temperatures. No evidence of Barbara was located today.
UPDATE #8 Saturday, July 20th
Quote:
Off-road vehicles, K9 units, members certified in cave searches, rope climbing and desert terrain ground hikers are being utilized today. Aviation will be assisting throughout the search operation.

There has been no evidence of Barbara Thomas located on previous days.
UPDATE #7 Friday, July 19th
Quote:
Search and Rescue members are utilizing off road vehicles, K9 units and hikers.
The search will include aerial support throughout the day.
UPDATE #6 Thursday, July 18th
Quote:
Search and Rescue volunteers, a K9 unit, Sheriff's Aviation
UPDATE #5 Wednesday, July 17th
Quote:
Search and Rescue volunteers, 3 K9 Units, Sheriff's Aviation and personnel from the River Station
UPDATE#4: Tuesday, July 16th
Quote:
Nearly 20 Search and Rescue volunteers, and deputies...
Off road vehicles are being utilized
UPDATE#3: Monday, July 15th
Quote:
search continues
UPDATE #2:
Quote:
search involves numerous Search & Rescue members, deputies, K9’s, Sheriff’s Aviation(helicopter) and Park Rangers.
UPDATE:
Quote:
Numerous Search & Rescue members, deputies, K9’s, Sheriff’s Aviation(helicopter) and Park Rangers.

There have been no sightings of her at this time.

Last edited by Roselvr; 07-23-2019 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events