Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 12:35 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This sort of thing is why I'm not a fan of the death penalty. Could you imagine if he'd been executed?
It's also why I'm against the death penalty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2019, 09:29 AM

758 posts, read 551,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlaKK View Post
Exactly. With something so "pivotal" and defining that happened at a period in her life she would remember specifically or so. If not the both of them, her since it was her case. Very very weird.
This is incorrect. Research shows that traumatic memories are not stored the same way other memories are. Often they remember things like the breeze through the window, the smell of the person's perfume or cologne, stuff like that--because their minds are trying to protect them from the full weight of the traumatic event. Thus, if you question rape victims, many cannot remember the kind of details the court needs to convict the rapist and exonerate the non-rapist. Please stop using CSI and Law & Order as evidence of what people will and won't remember, and what does and does not work in the legal system.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:22 AM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Kinda sickening isnt it? (To have sex with so many and not remember someone)
Sickening?
Don’t see that, as a regular heterosexual guy, born and raised in central London, U.K., from the age of 17/18 I was making out like gangbusters whenever the opportunity presented itself.
Like most streetwise London guys, I was quite adept at “friendly persuasion”, I never leaned on girls/women, or had to put a gun to their heads, if they thought that I was okay, they gave me the green light.
It was just a normal, easy going way of life for me, before I was struck by un coup de foudre, and got married, retiring immediately from “the life.”
I can’t remember every liaison that I ever had, and no doubt not every woman remembers me either, but any adventure that I ever had was mutually enjoyable and consensual.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:44 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambers72 View Post
Kinda sickening isnt it? (To have sex with so many and not remember someone)
We all see these women on Maury Povich trying to pin a kid or two on 8 or more different men through numerous appearances on his trashy talk show.

Old 08-16-2019, 01:52 PM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
We all see these women on Maury Povich trying to pin a kid or two on 8 or more different men through numerous appearances on his trashy talk show.
Boggles the mind, that someone would even watch this show. It is totally disgusting.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:12 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Boggles the mind, that someone would even watch this show. It is totally disgusting.
It's good for an occasional laugh.

Old 08-16-2019, 02:26 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,737 times
What a convoluted mess.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:57 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What's sickening to me, Sunbather, is how very ridiculous this story is.

This case went ALL THE WAY TO JURY TRIAL and conviction, with such tepid statements as "well, I was dating a Chad at the time I was raped and we were sexual", and apparently he was saying also that he remembered dating her.

But both sort of mumbled it, and didn't ask follow-up questions of their attorneys.

You have to do a lot of court hearings before you get all the way to a jury trial. A lot.

You don't go from being charged, to in front of a jury. Prosecutors want to settle.

In all that time, this never came to light? Meanwhile the state has been charged with the enormous cost of a jury trial, of housing him for two years in prison, and no one is listening to his "I think she was my girlfriend". She never said well, can I please see a picture of what this Chad guy looked like when he was 16, and got raped during the time I was having consensual sex with a Chad (not at all a common name, BTW)".

And for those who say she's being shamed, IMHO, I'm as shocked neither had sufficient long term memory faculties to remember each other, as much as how ever many partners each had.

I went out with a lot of guys in college, and if presented with the name AND the current photo of the guy, yes, I could say with definition whether that was the guy I went out with. Much less had sex with.

They weren't in college, they were 15 and 16. 20 years later they would look very different. If it was a very short romance I don't find it all that unusual. Maybe they were drunk when they had sex, but it doesn't mean they had numerous partners. She recognized him when finally shown a pic of him at 16, because he looked very different than now.

The state is who sat on this rape case for 20 YEARS before investigating. If they had done their jobs then it wouldn't have come to this.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:58 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post

I personally don't believe the people on that show are real. I think it's as fake as WWF wrestling. And for the same audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events