Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 07:59 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,801,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvana07 View Post
Was a dad in the picture at all? Seems unlikely with the boy's willingness to hurt his mother and his sister.

Unless it was his dad that taught him to treat the women in his life this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 08:03 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,801,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
From the article:

But when she couldn’t stop it — and after the 13-year-old boy also tried and failed to push his older brother off his sister — the mom called for help.

I had the same thought as another poster, when she could not stop him she should have belted him with a pan. Who really believes this is normal behavior and that choking someone for this long was not life threatening?

Mom is a piece of work if she allowed this behavior and it was considered normal. I read another article where she instructed the daughter to "get up" after he finally let go. Talk about clueless.
We can't put too much stock in what we read in the papers. You're lucky if they get the names right. I would be interested to be on this kid's jury to hear what more of the real facts are.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:27 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,084,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't believe it. He knew to change the wifi password; why the mother wasn't in charge of that I don't know. My kids don't know the password. Well I should say that only my adult 34 year old son knows the password because he has to. Our Xfinity account was taken over by him when he started working for Comcast 4 years ago. He ended up changing it, then my hub couldn't log in because he has so many passwords he can't keep track of them; he changed it and locked us all out lol

Anyway, the son has probably done this before but never choked her that long. Hormones to someone that age can make a teen crazy. I'm not excusing what he did to hormones; I'm just saying that I've seen other teens get violent during this high hormone stage; they usually calmed down by age 20.

I really hope he doesn't get out any time soon. Murder is murder.

This is what I was thinking too.

I grew up with 4 siblings, all of us a year apart in age. So when I was 16, my brother was 15, my sister was 14, my other sister was 13, and my youngest brother was 11.5. Teens, not just boys, ARE hormonal, and I can remember 2 or 3 'episodes' of violent behavior out of us kids. We fought. My brother got so mad at me one time, he threw an accordion at my bedroom door and put a hole in it.

My sister got so mad at my brother one time, that she threw an open sandwich at him, which missed him, but hit the living room wall, and slowly slid down the wall...

The same brother got so mad at me one time, we started fighting, and I KNEW he was SERIOUSLY mad. I ended up pinning him down and sitting on him...I was afraid to get up cause I knew I'd be dead. He was literally spitting mad. As in, he tried to spit on me, while I had him pinned down. Well, gravity being what it is, the spittle landed back in his face. Lord, that just made him madder, but there wasn't anything he or I could do about it, because if I tried to wipe it off of him (and I would've if I could've) he would've struck out like a cobra. LOL Luckily, my parents came home soon after.

Many siblings fight, to various degrees. This mom said they tussled all the time.

I feel sorry for this family, and this boy, that THIS is what things came down to.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:17 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,918,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
As one Yahoo commenter said, "So...mom took 15 minutes to call the police while her son strangled his sister to death. Well...there goes her mother of the year award."

Yeah, how about smashing a vase over his head. That would have slowed him down.

Old 08-09-2019, 12:24 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,046,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
We can't put too much stock in what we read in the papers. You're lucky if they get the names right. I would be interested to be on this kid's jury to hear what more of the real facts are.
There was no jury. Might have gone better for him if there had been. But Kevon’s attorney asked the judge to rule.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:40 PM

16,378 posts, read 10,522,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
We can't really claim "Fake News" (God I'm sick of that phrase) when he's already been found guilty.

Old 08-09-2019, 05:36 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,570,337 times
As a child who got his a$$ kicked regularly by an abusive sibling 7 years older than myself, I simply can't imagine being a parent and not interfering in sibling physical abuse or fighting. This so called mother should face serious criminal charges for neglect.

Old 08-09-2019, 11:18 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,046,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
As a child who got his a$$ kicked regularly by an abusive sibling 7 years older than myself, I simply can't imagine being a parent and not interfering in sibling physical abuse or fighting. This so called mother should face serious criminal charges for neglect.

But - but - but "she's suffered enough already"!

Old 08-11-2019, 03:46 AM

8,377 posts, read 3,565,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I lived next door to a family where my dad had to call the cops many times because the father would often come home and start beating on the wife and sons who tried to stop him.
My father beat my mother and me. Especially me. I was never protected by having a father in the home. My mother never tried to stop him or my brother or anyone else from hurting me. My brother was always treated well. I was the child that was never wanted. Having a father around doesn't mean kids will be protected or better off.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,720,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And mom didn't knock him over the head with a big stick or frying pan while he choked the sister ?

My wife would have been beating the crap out of my 2 sons with a broom handle if they tried that stunt.

Old time Grandma's would have laid him out flat with a frying pan.
For real. No common sense in this story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events